Chapter 3. Hidden Side of Me

I scoot out of Starbucks with Jack with a big grin on my face. "Thanks again for sticking up for me. Some people can be so cruel."
"Yeah I know. It's crazy. I really can't imagine how people can be so mean." He walks with me. "Hey, there's a park not that far from here. Do you want to go and we can talk some more?" He gives me a small smile.
"Sure. But wait, don't you have videos to make? I don't want to keep you from your community."
Jack chuckles. "They're uploading at home, so I'm completely free for the rest of the day." He smiles. I smile and start scooting as Jack walks down the sidewalk.
I scoot to the swings when we arrive. I go to pull myself up, but then Jack picks me up and sets me on the swing. I blush a bit and sit on the swing. "Heh. Thanks. I could have done it though, silly," I chuckle.
Jack smiles, a bit embarrassed. "S-sorry. I just wanted to help. Can I push you?"
"Yes please. I'd love that." I smile and he walks behind me and starts pushing softly.
"So tell me about yourself. May I ask how this happened to you?"
I hold on the chains to the swing and smile a bit. "Well, when I was three, my mom and I were driving home from daycare when a drunk semi driver slammed into my side of the car. The car frame pierced part of my spine and that made me stop getting feelings from right above my knees down."
"Wow. That's crazy. Good thing you're still alive though. So, who do you live with?"
"Well both of my parents, until my mom died about five years ago. We were in Africa, and she caught Ebloa...she was quarantined there and she died about a week later."
"I'm so sorry about that. I can't imagine what's its like. So you live with your father then?"
I take a moment to speak but I couldn't tell him about his abuse. "Yes. He's assistant manager to the CEO of a world wide magazine company. We moved here about six months ago. He doesn't like me going out much but I finally convinced him to let me since I left all my family and friends behind."
I felt him stop pushing and he comes around and looks at me. "Don't worry about that. I'll be your new friend." He gives me a smile. I smile brightly.
"R-really? The Jacksepticeye wants to be friends with me?"
He gives me a chuckle. "Yes. I'd like that very much."
We both smile brightly. "(Y/N)!!" We both look up startled as I see Bill standing there by his car.
"Bill?"
"Bill? Who's Bill?"
"My father unfortunately..." I sigh and get off the swing. "My cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. Text me sometime. Thanks again Jack."
Jack nods and smiles. "Sure."
"Get your ass over here now!!!" Bill screams. I sigh again.
"Bye Jack." I scoot over to Bill, feeling more and more hatred for my father.
**Jack's POV**
I watch (Y/N) roll away to her father was. Ironically his name is Bill. The way he seems, I really think he's mean to her. Bill glares at me as he grabs her arm and basically shoves her into the car and they drive off. I put in her cell number and save it. My phone beeps.
Mark- Hey! We're on our way to the apartment! Your leprechaun ass better be home LOL
Jack- I'll be home there soon. Can't wait to make videos together.
Mark- Hey. If you want me to do THAT, you need to get me a few drinks first.
Jack- Eww Mark no! xD
* * * * * * *
I open the door and see Mark and Wade standing there. "Hey guys! Come on in!" I give them quick hugs and helps them inside my apartment.
"So where's that wheelchair girl you were hitting on?" Mark jokes and smirks at me. I roll my eyes and place their bags against the wall.
"She had to go home, and I wasn't hitting on her. I did, however, stick up for her against a bunch of ignorant asshole kids." I sit on a chair and Mark and Wade sit on the couch.
"Ah. Well, that's good."
"Hey Mark, Jack can we order a pizza? Do they have pizza in Ireland?" Wade asks and Mark and I roll our eyes.
"Just...shut up Wade. Of course they have pizza here. Besides, we're going hunting when the sun goes down." Mark smiles, growing his fangs. Wade smiles, showing his fangs, too. I smirk at them.
"Okay guys." I look out the window and see the sun setting. I stand up. "Well, let's get going." We leave the apartment and head into the city.
We stay by the alleyway and notice a man walking down the sidewalk. I keep an eye on people that do crime and get away with it. I look at Mark and Wade. "Mark, go for it. Wade and I will grab him from behind," I whisper. They nod and when the man comes over, Mark comes out.
"Hey, man. Got a light?" He holds up a fake cigarette. The man looks at him and nod. As he pulls out his lighter, Wade and I grab him and drag him into the alley. This guy was accused of abusing children. We need to take care of him.
**Your POV**
"Who the hell was that guy?! What have I told you about boys?!" Bill screams at me. I keep my head down.
"He's just a friend. He stuck up for me when people were making fun of me in the coffee shop. Can't I have friends?" I look at him.
He sighs and shakes his head. "Of course you can have friends. I just don't like boys being around you, because, in your state, they can do anything to you and you can't do anything to fight them off."
My stomach churns and I get so angry. It sounds like he cares, but that fucking hurt. "It's not my fault I'm crippled! I was three!"
He glares at me. "Neither is it mine! I do so much for you, the least you can do is be respectful! I bust my ass every day for you!"
"I want to do stuff for myself. Live on my own. I want to go to school," I plead. He shakes his head.
"Out of the question. No. I'm going out. Do your chores. Stay home. I'll be home later on." He leaves before I can even reply to that. I stare at the ground and starts to cry a little.
*Beep Boop!* I get a text message.
XXX-XXX-XXXX- Hey. It's Jack!
I smile and add his number in my phone and text him back, smiling.
You- Hey! Just thinking about you.
Jack- Awww. That's sweet. What are you up to?
You- At home, bored and alone. Thinking of watching the sexy beast.
Jack- Awww. Hope you like my new videos.
You- Oh, I was talking about Mark x3
Jack- Dx Awwwwww.
You- xD hahaha jk. I love you.
I gasp at what I just texted. "Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh fuck! Why?! Why did I say that?!" I quickly text him:
You- your videos* LAWL!
Jack- Shut up, baby. I know it! xD
I sigh of relief and smile again.
You- I laughed at your new videos today. Thank you for making me smile.
Jack- :,) awwww your welcome! So Bill is your dad? I hope I didn't get you in trouble. Even though you are an adult.
You- No. He just worries. Yeah, I know, but he has custody of me since he has good lawyers and they think I can't take of myself.
Jack- Aww. That sucks :(
You- It's okay. If I get into a college, I can get it taken off.
Jack- Yay! :D Hey, I'd love to make a video with you sometime. I think that would be awesome!
My heart races and I smile brightly.
You- I'd love to! But I'm kinda camera shy Dx
Jack- that's okay, they'll just look at my sexy face the whole time x3
You- My gawd, your a cocky bastard!
Jack- Yeah, I know xD