Truth.

"Liv, come on," Spencer exclaimed, holding up his hands while Olivia hurried to put her clothes back on. "I didn't know she was coming with them!"

"I'm not blaming you. This was just...it was a mistake. There's always someone between us. Maybe it's just not meant to be," she stuttered, zipping her sweatsuit up and grabbing her phone. "Plus things didn't sound great on the other end. Looks like you got some explaining to do."

"Can you just stop and listen," Spencer asked, grabbing Olivia's elbow. He was on edge. Not only was he annoyed that Cheyenne was in town yet again, he was at the risk of getting blue balls from being teased and having it snatched. The latter was pissing him off more than anything. "We aren't together, Liv. I don't know why the hell she came."

"I'll talk to you later, Spencer," Olivia huffed, stopping in the kitchen to pick up the small container of peach cobbler Mrs. James had packed up for her.

He didn't even try to go after her this time. It wouldn't work now, just like it didn't work years ago.
————
Flashback

Her heart was beating out of her chest as she ran around the suite collecting her things. This is everything you wanted. But it was wrong. Layla thought Spencer was there to reconcile and he hadn't even texted her that entire day. With Coop's show within a few of hours, Olivia refused to stick around and see the reunion. She had lost this battle once before and didn't want to set herself up to lose again. Instead, she'd forfeit to save her dignity.

"Come on," she gritted her teeth and cussed at the stubborn zipper on her makeup bag. As she heard the door close, the food she had eaten earlier that night suddenly sat in her chest.

"You going somewhere," Spencer asked, nodding towards her messily packed bags. With shoes and clothes hanging out, it was clear she was in a rush. "What's wrong?"

"I can't do this," Olivia sighed, her cheeks burning red. "We can't do this."

"We're already doing it, Liv," Spencer muttered. "All that stuff over the summer meant something."

"Layla is waiting on you," Olivia replied, kicking the wheel of her suitcase. "And she knows I'm here."

"Since when," Spencer questioned.

"Jordan told her. She thinks I'm coming to Coop's show," Olivia admitted. "But, I'm going home. You should get ready to meet her at the venue."

"Liv...no," Spencer started, but Olivia had made up her mind.

"Give me one reason I should stay," she asked with her back turned.

His mind raced as he watched her walk towards the door. This was his only chance because if she walked out that door, he was afraid he'd never get the chance again. "Because I love you," he called out, causing Olivia to pause in her tracks.

Her hand loosened on her luggage handle and the items fell to the floor. "What," Olivia asked in disbelief.

Spencer walked forward with a tiny black bag in his hand. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed Olivia's eyes landing on it. Then he offered it to her, still staring at her through a blurred gaze.

When Olivia opened the bag and realized what it was, she gasped, "Spencer..."

"I ain't even sure when it happened. When I got shot, over the summer watching movies with you or my first day at Beverly. I'm tired of fighting it, Liv. Pretending I don't have feelings for you or that something with us didn't change this summer. I'm in love with you," he admitted, his eyes glossing over with tears.