Chapter 161: Protect This World

Start from the beginning

"That shrine maiden shouldn't be the one, but those two little girls..."

Kotori frowned. If it involved such mysterious gods, they must be careful.

Fortunately, neither of these two gods had any ill will towards Shido, and even gave a gift of reiryoku to allow Yoshino to stay here longer.

"They were Maki and Rio. Maki should be the incarnation of the Tree of Life, but Rio seems to be a higher-level god. It's still unclear what her identity is."

Shido said softly. As for his familiarity with Rio, he had been forced to forget.

"The bigger problem is that god named Rio, she said that Maki gave her power away because of an ominous premonition, so maybe in the near future, something terrible may happen in this world... ..."

Kotori frowned.

"It seems so."

Shido nodded lightly. He hadn't thought of it just now, but after Kotori reminded him, he realized that something dangerous was about to happen.

Otherwise, the Tree of Life would not actively share its power.

Moreover, it would not be a trivial matter, and it may even be a major event that was enough to destroy the world, so it was necessary to use the power of the Tree of Life to protect the world.

The shrine maiden had also mentioned about saving the world or something. If her divination was accurate enough...

"Shido, it looks like you are going to take on the task of saving the world again!"

Kotori smiled helplessly. She knew that Shido only wanted to be an ordinary person and live a stable life, but the impending situation would not allow that.

"It looks like this. If I can find those powers, I will help protect the world, otherwise the world may be destroyed for some reason; if I can't find them and others get them, I'm afraid I have to ask them to lend their powers so I can protect the world..."

Shido made a detailed analysis. No wonder Maki was not in a hurry, because no matter what, he had to help protect this world, otherwise he would not be able to live in peace.

But it was estimated that Maki didn't want to give him all the power, so she didn't tell him the locations.

"I have a headache now..."

Shido gave a wry smile.

"Then don't think about it so much, just make plans when something really happens!"

Kotori smiled and waved the lollipop in her hand. She still absolutely trusted Shido's ability.

"Maybe I should ask the fallen angel..."

Shido nodded, maybe Gabriel knew something.

Kotori didn't have any objection either. Although she didn't know why Shido kept calling that blonde girl "Fallen Angel", she knew that it was an angel named Gabriel, who told Shido the location of the Tree of Life.