🦋 The butterfly effect

ELEVEN
The butterfly effect.

"So, what is it going to be tonight?" - Harry said, falling on my couch and turning the tv on.

"You know I don't have many movies there, love."

"But we said movie night. We can't have a movie night without the movies." - He raised an eyebrow at me and I handed him his bowl of grilled veggies.

"We can search for them on the laptop, duh."

"Oh, right." - He said taking a fork full of food and shoving it into his mouth. - "Bring it."

I quickly found my computer in my room and returned to the couch, collapsing next to Harry.

"What do you have in mind?" - He asked me.

"We already watched many of your soulmate movies and in all of them the girl always dies. So I'm not going to watch them anymore." - I huffed.

"Oh, c'mon. They are stories of forbidden love. Of souls that want each other but at the end they can never have a happy ending. It's quite beautiful."

"I don't want to know your definition of beautiful." - I said and he laughed. - "Besides, I was supposed to learn from them. And they only made me sad, you know? I don't want to die. I don't want you to die either. But if it happens, then you'd better be the girl in this relationship because they always get the tragic death."

Harry laughed again and almost choked.

"Well, thank you." - He said as he kept laughing. - "They weren't that tragic either."

"They weren't? What movie were you watching?! In the first one she got killed by a bus that ran her over while she was happily coming home on her bike. In the other one, the girl got stuck in a falling elevator that cut her legs and she bled to death. You completely traumatized me, Harry."

"God, you're such a child." - He smiled, amusement showing on his face.

"And you're showing me that we have a tragic future with every movie!"

"But that's because they made wrong decisions every time! And it's a fucking movie, Lou. Nothing like that will happen to us."

"Yeah, tell that to Anne Hathaway in that movie. Wait, you can't. She died."

"It's a movie!" - Harry laughed again. - "Look. We have everything to be happy, yeah? We just need to make good decisions. In fact, have you seen the butterfly effect?"

"What's that?"

"Ashton Kutcher? The movie?"

"Don't know what you're talking about."

"God, I have so much to teach you."

"Well, sorry for not being a butterfly expert myself." - I rolled my eyes.

"What?" - He laughed. - "No, the butterfly effect has nothing to do with butterflies itself."

"Then what the fuck is it?" - I said, finally taking a bite of my bowl.

"The butterfly effect is a theory. It basically explains that every action we make has a chain of reactions, not only in your life and future, but in others too."

"I don't understand."

"Okay, let's put it this way. A month ago you decided you wanted to go on vacation. Right?" - He asked and I nodded. - "Nobody forced you to decide that. It was your own call."

"Quite an impulsive one, though."

"But it brought you here."

"Yes, clearly."