chapter forty two

Start from the beginning

"Gem—"

"She's not your friend anymore, right?" I cross my arms. She just looks at me with an unreadable expression.

"That's what I thought, if she's not your friend then it's not breaking the rules," I shrug with a smug look.

"Mom, that's not fair!"

"Well...technically, he is right, Gem. If you guys aren't friends it's not breaking the rules,"

"Your taking his side?" she gapes.

"We're not taking anyones side," Robin clarified.

"And how is him dating Alexis any different to you dating Zayn?" mom says, my eyes widen in realisation.

Oh yeah.

"What—?"

"Zayn's like my little brother, and your dating him," I say.

"What?" she furrows her brows.

"You're dating my best friend, why can't I date yours?" I cross my arms.

She stutters. "Mom!"

They look at me. They know damn well I'm correct. She's dating my best friend, why can't I date hers?

"So yes, I think I will be,"

"Harry!" she shouts.

"Gemma, he's right again...if he's letting you date his best friend then why can't he date yours?"

"Mom, you're encouraging him!" she says.

"I'm not, whatever Harry decides to do isn't any of our business, I'm just saying,"

"Harry, do you like Gemma and Zayn?" Robin asks.

"No, it's weird,"

"Gemma, do you like—"

"No!"

"Harry, why don't you let them be together?"

"Because I can't tell Zayn to do anything, I can't control who he loves, even if it's Gemma,"

"Gemma, why don't you let them be together?"

"Because!" she says loudly but stutters. "It's weird,"

"You have to get over it, if you're dating Zayn then I'm dating Alexis,"

"No, I'll break up with Zayn," she says.

"You shouldn't have to because I don't want you to be together, you should be able to date who you want, you didn't give us that option and look where it got you?"

She says nothing.

"So, I'll see you later," I smile, waving.

I leave before Gemma could say anything, getting in my car and starting it up. I start driving with Swim by Chase Atlantic playing through the radio through my phone.

I drive about 10 minutes away to a familiar place, parking and getting out the car. I lock it and open the door so a bell rings. I walk up to the front counter, a petite blonde, chewing gum loudly as she looks me up and down, her eyes widening. "Well hello there,"

"Hi," I smile. "Is Jake here?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's round back,"

"Can you get him?"

"I can pass a message, only for you," she smirks, covered in tattoos. She twirls her hair and walks towards the back in black denim shorts that were showing half of her ass, black fishnet stockings, black boots and a bra top.