Thirty-Seven: Kitchen Countertops

Start from the beginning

"It's called breakfast in bed, baby girl. Where ya going?" I called after her. "Bed's in here."

"Bathroom!"

I supposed that was acceptable. Nature did tend to call in the morning. Ten minutes later, though, I heard doors opening and closing in the kitchen. Not the bathroom.

"Jesus Christ, Collins," I groaned, striding into the kitchen to find her bent in front of the refrigerator.

I hadn't even realized what she'd crawled into bed wearing last night. Those tiny cotton shorts of hers were designed to tease the crap out of me—I was sure of it. And her tank top. Cute shirt, to be sure. But it did absolutely nothing to hold in those tits while she hung on the fridge door, searching for something.

Hey there, God...I honestly don't even know what to say to you anymore.

"What?" Her head popped up. "I'm just getting coffee to go with breakfast." She wrinkled her nose, eyes dropping to scan the fridge shelves again. "Where's the creamer?"

Coffee. Damnit. How could I have forgotten coffee? Getting herself a cup was the first thing she did every morning.

And fuck, she looked good doing it. Watching her made my entire body ache with an intensity I should be used to by now.

I thought that living with Collins now that we were together would be easier on my sanity, but I learned this week I'd been so goddamn wrong about that. Knowing she was mine to kiss and touch...now all I wanted to do was that. Every time I saw her, I had to resist the urge to kiss the shit out of her.

Well, sometimes, I did not, in fact, resist. And this morning would be one of those times.

Thank you, Nessa.

"It's right here," I grunted, plucking the bottle of creamer from the shelf and bringing it over to the mug she'd already filled with that black, liquid drug.

"Show me how much you like."

"Just a splash," she said with a sleepy grin, flicking the top off and pouring creamer into her coffee.

It was definitely more than I would consider just a splash.

I let her take a sip, humming softly before I snatched the cup out of her hands and set it back down on the countertop.

"Hey!" she protested. "Why are you so grumpy that I came to get coffee? I'm coming back to bed."

Sweetheart, you'll be coming before you get back to bed.

"I'm not grumpy that you came to get coffee. I'm frustrated."

"Oh." Doe-eyes replaced the vengeful ones she'd been using to stare at me a moment ago. "What's wrong?"

I stepped into Collins, letting her feel all of my frustration. "When you wear those shorts, it makes my dick feel like it will explode."

Her eyes flew open, suddenly wide and awake. "These shorts?"

"Yes." Picking up where we left off this weekend, I backed Collins against the kitchen island.

Hello again, old friend.

Collins tipped her head back, closing her eyes in response to how I flexed my hips against hers. I lowered my head, breathing harshly in her ear.

"You had these on when I came back from Mammoth Mountain the first time, and I about had a heart attack when I walked into the apartment to find you in the kitchen, all happy to see me, wearing next to goddamn nothing."