Fifteen: Don't Sleep On The Floor

COLLINS FUMBLED WITH THE keycard when we got to her hotel room

Caging my arms around her, I held her wrist steady, helping to slide the card into the door. She giggled, and there was a little bit of nervousness in the way she did it. Cutie.

When the door swung open, she spun and backpedaled inside, her gaze never leaving mine. I followed her into the room, whipping my suit jacket off as I strode across the carpet.

"You're so fucking pretty, you know that?"

Another giddy laugh left her lips, but then it faltered. Sadness seeped into her eyes, and I wanted to destroy it. I wanted to kill whatever thought had just entered her brain. Anything that made Collins Bryant's smile fade was my mortal fucking enemy from here on out, and I would defeat whatever it was in combat. Mark my goddamn words.

"What's this now?" I said, grabbing her chin to tilt it up when she tried to look away from me.

"What's what?"

"That frown."

"Oh." She blinked rapidly. "It's nothing, Beau."

I didn't believe her. But I was also horny as fuck, a little tipsy, and still had the taste of her on my tongue. So when she lowered her gaze and asked me to kiss her—no, begged me to kiss herI obeyed.

I would have been a fool not to. Right?

___

"That's what you're competing on tomorrow?"

Collins' squeal was a little bit adorable. At the very least, it brought me back to my senses, and my hands dropped from her hips. Laughing softly, I took a step back to put some distance between us.

She was standing in my room, wearing my shirt, my pants, my fucking smile—the one I only saw when we were alone. And my brain was screaming mine.

It was tough to get my head on straight when she had my favorite flannel wrapped around herself like that. It was maybe even harder than when she'd flashed her doe eyes earlier before sinking onto her knees in front of me.

Girl had no idea what she did to me. Or if she did know, she didn't let it sway her. Not earlier in the bathroom. Not now in my bedroom.

Friends. You're friends. And she's not yours, man. She doesn't want to be yours.

I cleared my throat. "Yep, there she be. A beaut, ain't it?"

Collins shook her head. "A beautiful disaster waiting to happen, you mean. I will never understand why people insist on risking their lives for fun," she muttered, staring intently out the window and squinting at the half-pipe on the side of the mountain. All lit up at night, it dominated a huge portion of the slopes. Looking at it made excitement thread through my veins.