Chapter 15

-

-

Cecilia and Luisa had been glued to the hip as they have been dating for three months now.  You could constantly see them enjoying each others company while doing chores or simply hanging out, they were lovestruck.

Cecilia's birthday was coming up but little did the birthday girl know that her gift from her cousin wouldn't be what anyone expected.

-

The day was normal, Luisa and Cecilia did their chores together before assisting Marco and Camilo with their chores.
"Hey guys!" Luisa said as she held her partner on her right shoulder, "You guys are finally finished? You guys can join us in hide and seek. I'm the seeker." Camilo pointed to himself, "Alright you have one minute, and.. go' " He shouted as everyone dispersed.
Camilo began to count down from sixty before being interrupted by a distressed Dolores.
"What's wrong?" He asked concerned before his sister whispered something in his ear making him go speechless. "Are you sure?"

Dolores sadly shook her head, "Okay we can't let anyone else know got it?" He mimed zipping his lips as he stared into Dolores's eyes.
She slowly nodded as she watched her brother finish counting, "Coming!" He quickly ran off and found Luisa trying to hide behind a bush.
"Luisa..." He tapped her shoulder, "Ugh! This isn't fair." Camilo laughed as he told Luisa what his sister had told him as they walked side by side looking for the other hiders.
Her eyes began to tear up at the news as she heard a cough come from behind her revealing Marco.

"Is this true?" He asked as tears of anger formed in his eyes. Camilo slowly nodded as Luisa wrapped Marco in a awkward hug as they both made their way back to Casita.

Camilo let out a sharp sigh as he scratched the back of his neck and sluggishly finished finding everyone. "Alright that is it for today." He ushered the kids to their parents who were waiting to pick up their children.
  "Where is Luisa and Marco?" Cecilia asked Camilo as she looked for the two with a raised eyebrow.
"They headed back to Casita, its almost time for dinner." He shrugged as he walked back with her.
Awkward silence was evident between the two, this wouldn't stand with Camilo. "So are you excited for your birthday Ceci?" She nodded, "I can't believe I'm finally turning eighteen!" She smiled brightly as Camilo let out a nervous chuckle.

The two inched closer to Casita as an ominous aura resided.

"Oh look, we're here." He rubbed his arm before walking into Casita and entering the kitchen.

Cecilia entered the kitchen as quiet muttering turned to silence. "Is everything okay?" She whispered into Luisa's ear as she cautiously sat next to her.
She simply nodded before handing her a plate of food, everyone had their eyes on the young girl.

"Is everything ok-" Before she could finish her sentence Pepa's cloud began to harshly thunder and rain.
Dolores looked like she was about to explode, Camilo kept looking back and fourth between Marco and Luisa.
"Conejita.." She held her girlfriend's hand and squeezed it three times.

Mirabel than began to slowly stand from her chair as the tables gaze shifted from Cecilia to her.

"There isn't an easy way to say this but to put it simple.. Araceli caused the hurricane that destroyed your town." Mirabel tentatively told her friend.

Cecilia gritted her teeth as she felt heart sunk to her stomach. She lowered her head as she held back her tears.
"Ceci, it was an accident I couldn't control-" Araceli tried to speak to her cousin but was cut off by Marco shaking his head.
"Why isn't your sister speaking?" Camilo whispered into Marco's ear.

"If you don't want to have to rebuild Casita I think you should let her stay silent." Marco said chuckling nervously trying to lighten the mood but instead received a deadly glare from his younger sister.

"Mi amor." Luisa felt her partners hand slip out of hers as she stood up and calmly left the Casita as she made her way to the outskirts of Encanto.

Once she was finally far enough from the town she let out a heart wrenching scream as a bright purple aura lit up and a large gust of wind shook the area around her.
"Sorry Dolores," She whispered under her breath as she saw Araceli walk up behind her, "Ceci-"

Cecilia turned around as she saw a large boulder falling from the side of the mountain from the harsh wind she had created quickly falling towards her older cousin.

"Araceli, watch out!" She quickly ran towards her cousin and pushed her out the way of the giant rock as she looked up to see it inching closer to her by the second.

Araceli looked between her younger cousin and the chunk of Earth before doing what had to be done.

"Please tell everyone I love them." Cecilia smiled as tears rolled down her face,

"Why don't you tell them yourself?" Araceli pushed her younger cousin out the way and before Cecilia could react her cousin's body was flattened by the boulder she has created.

No.. no.. no, no, no, no..

Araceli's pearl slowly rolled towards Cecilia's feet as she silently sobbed.

She picked up the remains of the pearl as it slowly disintegrated to dust in her hand.

"It's my fault. It is all my fault."

The wind began to make the leaves dance happily around Cecilia, she got a sudden feeling of reassurance as the wind she once hated now gave her the utmost comfort.
"Thank you." She whispered as the wind carried the remains of the pearl with the leaves, allowing Cecilia a feeling of peace.

"I know we just met, and we didn't have the best relationship but I'm glad I knew you Araceli."

The Madrigal's and Marco stood behind the girl who was kneeling on the ground as the sun finally set.

"Until we meet again."

-

Part 1 End

Part 1 End