pt1. What Caused It All

Hello everyone! Wow, it's been like 2 years since I've posted anything with Snow White With Red Hair! Well, I'm excited to share this!

Now, I know it's not an X Reader- I wrote this story quite a long time ago in a time where I really needed a guiding hand. The leading characters name is Juniper, June for short. Typically I don't go too far into appearances so you would still be able to connect to the character easily! Usually I'll only change hair length or texture and maybe I'll touch on skin color (I don't think I've said anything relating to skin color in this story so far tho and I'm about 20 something chapters in and not finished). I always hated X Oc stories but I do my best when writing them, that all readers can relate to the characters.

This story is written in Junipers POV, how they would experience life. June is a highly protective woman, strong and nowhere near of noble dissent, but she manages to tangle herself up with royals quickly. The first 2 chapters will explain it all, so I won't spoil too much here. All chapters are around 4000 words per usual:)

You can expect epic battles and even more epic and dramatic romance between all characters in the story. If you like my last Zen X Reader, Teach Me How To Live, I think you'll like this one too:)

Let's get this started!

---*Pt 1*---

It's been a long few months for my town. I live in Clarines within the pretty hills far off from our capital. For the past few months, my town, along with my neighboring, has dealt with the drug cartel and bandits. We waited for so long for the capital to send us soldiers and food and water after the cartel came. They stole so much from us.. Our food and water, medicines- they took all our resources and cut all outside routes to reach towns near or around us!.. Then the bandits came. We were prepared. My town heard from the fleeing neighboring towns about them. How they stole their wood and all they had left after what the cartel did to them. The bandits only left after stealing one of their richest men's money. I guess it was good enough for them not to do anymore damage. We had hoped they may skip our town because of it but that wasn't the case.. They showed up in the dead of night. I had said we were prepared for the bandits previously and we were-.. just not for the bandits and cartel who had teamed up and burned down our entire land. Our perfect hills were set ablaze quietly. They had made sure the fire couldn't spread past our little town so maybe the princes wouldn't know. 

My father and I had gathered our small militia and fought the best we could. I'm just a girl, hardly 19, and fighting for my right to live and keep my home. My sister and mother stayed at home hiding, they're both ill, always have been. 

Dad and I rode into the blazing fires with the rest of our trusted friends and slayed all those who tried to harm us. Our goal was just to imprison those who hurt us and turn them in but it only ended in a blood bath. Nevertheless, we rode valiantly into the night to save all those we loved. We had gone for so long without our basic necessities and were hardly surviving. Now they had come back to us and wanted more so we let them have it.

"Cut them down! Do whatever you have to!" My father shouted by my side.

"Stephan, get everyone out of the fires! Get all injured and old to the hill where the church is!" I commanded as we rode to those men who dared start fires in our land. This was just the start of our battle tonight..

"On it! Gavin, with me!" Stephen shouted to the next man. Those two road off to the homes in immediate danger. Families had already started to leave, they just needed guidance on where to run. My home was one of the safest. We had a basement where my mother and sister were hidden. The house was hidden by trees and my personal garden up on a hill far off.

"The rest of you, split into teams of two and corrall them away! We can push them to the forest!" I told everyone who had come along with dad and I. We had around 36 men from different families around our town. It was about all the men we had who could fight. We soon discovered we were greatly outnumbered.. we had no choice but to swing our swords. They didn't get scared off, they were here to kill or die without a care for themselves or their teammates. I don't know how many men I had killed, I just know I was covered in blood by the end. Dad did a good job at keeping me on my feet and helping me out. We were a magnificent team but even we couldn't do it alone.