His grandson was good in every way. When Emperor Jeon Gong Yo had discussed this matter with him, he had thought that jungkook would agree to it. Originally, there was no reason to reject.

He didn't think that the other party would reject him so straightforwardly, leaving him no face at all.

Whether intentionally or not, she even showed off her love for the An Wang Fei.

He didn't think much of it. He was just worried that his grandson's daughter wouldn't be able to take it ... Thinking about that, he subconsciously looked towards Chen Yingxue's direction, only to see her slightly bowing her head, her shoulders trembling, as though she was crying.

He couldn't help but sigh. If he had known the outcome would be like this, he might as well not have done it.

After a long while, the banquet was so quiet that even a pin drop could be heard.

Only then did Emperor Jeon Gong Yo raise his gaze and look towards jungkook's direction. "Have you thought this through?"

So it was just to give jungkook time to think it over for himself.

Jungkook did not remain vague and bowed once more, "This son has thought it through. father, please retract your order."

He didn't want to let Xie Lisa down. When he first married her, he didn't think about anyone else but to live a good life with her. They had walked through the most difficult times, and now that they had finally opened their hearts and accepted each other, he did not want any more twists and turns to become an obstacle between them.

He wasn't sure what Emperor Jeon Gong Yo was planning in his heart, but it was definitely not a good thing.

This time, when he returned from Orchid Mountain Range, he did not know who spread the rumours around, but Emperor Jeon Gong Yo had definitely heard all of them. Although he held a humble position, there were still a lot of obedient officials under his command. If they could form a family with him, it would be very beneficial for their future.

If Emperor Jeon Gong Yo had this idea, then where would he leave the Crown Prince? Did he want to see himself and the crown prince fighting?

If that was really the case, then it was even more impossible for jungkook to agree to this engagement.

From the beginning, he had never had any interest towards the throne. After Jeon Jimin ascended to the peak, he would just be a casual prince, living the life of an immortal couple with Xie Lisa, ignoring whatever that happened in the court. It was enough for them to have three or five children, to teach them to read and write every day, and to sing poetry and paint.

The Emperor Jeon Gong Yo's expression was clearly somewhat unhappy, however, he did not embarrass him in front of others. After all, he was now a meritorious general, and he was the one who guarded Lan Ling, and the People of Western Yi was the one who was repelled by him. So no matter how dissatisfied he was, he could only say with a smile that was not a smile, "I had originally heard from the crown prince that you and your wife had a deep relationship, but I didn't believe it at first. I didn't expect that I would see it today... "kook was always out of my expectations."

The latter half of the sentence contained a hidden meaning that caused one to deeply investigate it.

Jungkook was not interested in thinking too much. Ever since the incident where the Emperor Jeon Gong Yo experienced the Great Prince's conspiracy, he had become a little suspicious. Even his own son had to be schemed against.

He was hesitating between Jungkook and Jeon Jimin, wanting to test them. Jeon Jimin was calm and wise, but he was too soft-hearted and decisive. Jungkook's methods were ruthless and decisive, but she was still tied to her love for her daughter. That was why the Emperor Jeon Gong Yo took the opportunity to test him. If he cared too much about Xie Lisa and cared too much about a woman, it would be inappropriate for him to sit on the dragon throne.