12

Chapter 12 – Lantern Festival

The man was King of Dongping.

Few days ago, King of Dongping had rushed from the fief to the capital with his concubines to celebrate the Empress Dowager's birthday. Now, they just passed by the Yidu County of Qingzhou Province, so came to visit Xie Jiyong. King of Dongping and Xie Jiyong had dealt with each other before, they admired each other. It was a rare friendship between gentlemen.

Concubine Dongping wasn't feeling well. Therefore, he hadn't brought her out with him in this trip, only brought one concubine.

The Concubine Madame Qin was about the same age as Madame Dara, her face was beautiful, her body was slim like willow, it looked like she could be blew away very easily. She had a baby in her arms who looked like just a few months old.

Madame Dara and Xie Jiyong received the guests while Xie Lisa followed them. Originally, she wanted to join the fun, but she didn't expect that King of Dongping would actually give her two beautiful lotus lanterns. She took it happily, thanked him sweetly, and told Madame Dara that she would play it with her little sister.

Madame Dara didn't object. She touched her head, "Go."

As she was leaving, Xie Lisa was in front of the Concubine Madame Qin. She narrowed her eyes innocently, smiling at Qin. However, Madame Qin's gaze was very complicated. She watched Xie Lisa walking outside the flower door, then withdraw her gaze lonelily.

Xie Lisa happliy came into the backyard with two lanterns in each hands, then saw that Xie Hanbin and Xie Yeri were sitting under the porch, eating sweet dumplings with porcelain bowls. There was a small table under the porch, with a thick blanket on the ground and stoves around. They sat on each sides, looked very comfortable

Xie Lisa suddenly became a bit angry. She angrily walked to them, "Brother, why didn't you call me when you and Ah Yeri were eating sweet dumplings? I want it too! "

Xie Hanbin put down the bowl and asked the servant girl to take another bowl of dumpling filling with red beans.

He had just come here and found that Xie Yeri was eating sweet dumplings without the care of adults, he simply sat down to eat together with her. He didn't expect to be seen by Xie Lisa. The little thing really minded. She puffed out her cheeks and sat between him and Xie Yeri, with her tiny lips curving up.

Xie Yeri used a silver spoon to scoop a sweet dumpling, sent to her mouth and said apologetically, "Big sister, eat this."

Xie Lisa looked at it for a moment, then opened her mouth and swallowed.

After a while, the servant girl Shuang Yu brought up her bowl of dumplings and placed it in front of her. She ate some and finally stopped getting angry. She picked up the two lotus flower lanterns behind her and placed it on the table. One of them was given to Xie Yeri, another one was left for herself. "This is given to us by King of Dongping. Do you like it?"

Xie Yeri's eyes were lit up. Although she liked the Lotus lantern very much, she was still more persistent with food. After finishing eating the dumplings, she reached for the lotus lantern. The lotuses had a total of three layers, each one painted in different colors. When the wick inside the lantern was lit, the petals on the outside were colorful and pretty.

The two sisters loved the lantern very much, played in the yard immediately.

The two little things ran from one end to the other, the crisp laughter spreading to the Li family next door, making Li Jungkook, who was eating, hear it clearly.

Li Jungkook bit a mouth of sweet dumpling and frowned his eyebrows.

"What makes them so happy? Couldn't they just be quiet?"