Chapter One

Aculeatus Lamperouge

Aculeatus Lamperouge. A lady, a middle child daughter, who simply lived a life of luxury. As the only daughter, she's used to being pampered by her parents and brothers.

She had no hardships to experience. They were all handled by her own maids. She lived a very comfortable life, one would say she's lucky to be born a noble. She's not as spoiled as other nobles. She just focused on living her life to the fullest.

However, despite being a Count's daughter, she didn't have as much power as her family does. First, the Lamperouge family is known for having their own unique talents. But the young lady doesn't seem to have any.

It didn't bother her the least. She thought it was better, since she's free to do anything she wants. A lady who is not entitled to reach the expectations of others for her. 

To think she managed to grow until the age of 16. Everything changed at that point on.

"Father, mother, what's the matter?" The oblivious daughter asked, concerned of her family's strange behavior.

The Count gave her a weak smile, patting her head. "It's nothing, Lettuce. You don't have to deal with it. We adults can do it."

The Countess agreed as she embraced their confused daughter. "Everything will be alright, my lovely girl."

She glanced at her brothers, the older one and the younger one. They both look solemn and troubled, but when spared with the glance, they easily masked it with a smile to reassure their sister.

They didn't want her to know the problem. They believed they could solve the problem and get rid of the false accusations of treason that is thrown to them. They don't wish to burden their sister with such stress.

However, it seems it was just a wishful thinking.

Imperial guards soon gathered and entered the Lamperouge's mansion. All of the staffs of the mansion are brutally killed on the spot. The bloody mess of a scene was a new experience to the simple lady as she shuddered at the sight.

Her brothers tried their best to fight back, but with the quantity of the knights, they knew they are at a disadvantage. The Count and the Countess tried to talk and asked for the Emperor, but the knights did not listen.

They had been ever so harshly dragged out of the comfort of their mansion. A place they call home, yet is now being taken away from them.

"Mother, father, what's going on? Did the Emperor want to throw us away?" Despite being clueless, Aculeatus wasn't a dumb girl. She's already 16, and she had her fair share of education together with her brothers.

They all fell silent, feeling guilty for not telling her anything. The girl's blue cyan eyes held fear for the first time. She knew that they could face the worst possible outcome.