Vol. 1/ Chapter 6: Friend or Foe?

Start from the beginning

“...I can't die here...not like this...” Lee wheezed out, grunting as he stood up. He used the wall behind him as support, before pointing his weapon at his attacker. He then flashes a weak grin, earning a raised eyebrow from the girl.

“After all... I still got a date tonight.”

SLASH

CLANG!

He charges at the masked attacker, causing their weapons to collide on impact. A flurry of bright sparks and flashes lit up the street, and the deafening sounds of blades colliding with industrial steel resounded throughout the place.

While their small skirmish was happening, it didn't go unnoticed. Scout, who was the one who shot off Lee's weapon, immediately contacted Ace and the others about it after Elizabeth used some hand gestures.

He was equally surprised that the blonde Sarkaz even managed to tank that powerful kick from her.
And after a few minutes after he sent that notice, new orders were also passed by Dr. Kal'tsit.

“All undercover teams, converge on the church. I repeat, all undercover teams–”

“Alright, you heard her.” Kal'tsit's voice echoed on the speaker walls. Ace and the rest of the elite and well experienced mercenaries are gathered near the armory.

“Scout, Logos and the others are all coming back here, so we need people outside the garrison. I'm gonna need four squads to come with me outside and back Elizabeth up.” Ace said as he faced dozens of Babel mercenaries.

“Bad Tom, Bronze Nose, Caries, Confidenty, Green Pea and Hard brick. You six, with me.” He pointed at the six members of his squad, earning nod from them.

He strapped a protective vest on his body before grabbing his warhammer and shield. The other mercenaries are seemingly all hyped up after learning that they are seeing some sort of action. As the chattering continues, Ace glances behind him.

“Blaze, care to lead the second team?” The Phytia asked a dark blue haired feline. She immediately stood up after hearing her name.

The girl, revealed as Blaze, gives him a smirk before tapping a gloved hand on her combat chainsaw.

“You bet I will.”

“Alright. Lunar Silver, Kerg, Sandwash, Seventeen, Violet Flame and WoodsPoon. You guys go with Blaze. Your squad will circle around the old church and try to intercept anyone that might be part of this skirmish.”

Blaze gave him a thumbs up. “Don't worry, we'll get 'em for sure!”

The old and heavy metal doors of the former military installation slowly opened, and Blaze led her team outside to secure the outer perimeter. Ace then looks over to his side and motions for a man of which he still couldn't quite discern which race he belongs.

“Misery. Care to lead squad 3?”

The man named as Misery steps up and nods in agreement. “Sure, just make sure not to send us into death's jaws like the Doctor does.”

Ace knew that even though he phrased it like a joke, there was a whole chunk of truth in his sentence that even he couldn't deny. He just shakes his head and sighs.

“It won't come to that. You take Leafa, Macron, Mary, Milim, ThumbTack and Tipsy with you. Meet up logos on the northern entrance of the ruins and expand your search in there. If necessary, take no prisoners.” Ace ordered.

They still don't have any concrete evidence as to which organization they were dealing with, and if it was Theresis’ spies, then this place might just turn into a warzone.