Kokonoi // Broken Sonnet

Start from the beginning

"And please, don't slam my door open, you are not in a movie." He added.

You ignored what he just said and aggressively shook your head to remove the impure thoughts about him.

"She's pretty and nice! Everyone adores her but she's kinda low in self-esteem but I know that you can manage it with your overflowing charisma. She's working at the same company as mine and we've been friends for a year now. I know her well. She will not hurt you!"

"No. I don't want to." He takes the toast from the plate and bites them while he leans at his kitchen counter. Ah, that looks hot.

"Please?"

"y/n, this is the 25th blind date that you set up with me since last year and I am tired. I am not looking for any partner at the moment and I don't want to rush, Okay?"

"But...."

"No. it's final!"

You paused stared at him for a while. Koko became curious as to why you suddenly stopped persuading him.

"What are we talking about?" You asked, tilting your head to the side.

"Blind date?" Koko answered with a confused tone while staring at your blank face.

"Oh yeah! Sorry, I suddenly remembered a deadline—" You looked at your watch. "Oh my god! I'm late for work!" You snatch the toast Koko's holding and bite them. "Thank you for breakfast! See ya at dinner." You then exited his apartment.

While working, you suddenly stopped typing on your computer because your vision got a little blurry. you observe yourself for a while before you rest your head on your hands.

"y/n are you okay?" Your friend asked.

"Ah, yeah! I got a little dizzy that's all."

"I see... It's almost lunchtime. do you want to eat with me at the cafe?"

"Ah, yes! Maybe I'm just hungry. I only ate one toast this morning."

While at the cafe, you keep looking at your friend who's busy eating her lunch. Though Koko didn't agree yet, you can't help but ask her about her valentine's date.

"Valentine's day is coming, do you have a date?" You asked.

"Nope." She looked at you with an expression like she was about to cry. "twenty-five and still single. if this will go on I will end up alone. Sad and alone." She sniffs as she sips her drink.

You scoot closer and pat her back "There, there. I know you would say that. don't worry, I already set you up on a blind date!"

"Really?!" Her eyes shine as she holds your hands together.

"Yeah! You're beautiful and you have style. You just have to level up that confidence of yours!" You paused for a while and just staring at her face, confused about why she's holding your hand then you remember about Koko.

"Anyway, as for your date... He's my childhood friend that's why I know what kind of person he is. you don't have to worry about anything."

"Thank you. You're an angel! I will not disappoint you this time,"

Shoot! I need to make Koko say yes. You chomp your bottom lip as you force a smile.

Koko, please just one date.

I told you, no. what do you want for dinner?

I want hotpot. I'll buy the ingredients before going there.

Hey! Don't change the subject!