𝐸𝓃𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝟧

𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝟙𝟙𝕥𝕙

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕤: 𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖

𝔻𝕒𝕪 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕪𝕡𝕤𝕖

𝟙𝟘:𝟝𝟚 𝕒.𝕞

          'I'll see you later, brother...' I thought to myself as I ran down the street, with Aaron and his brothers and Percy in front of me. But soon Percy stopped to catch his breath. He put his hands on his knees taking deep breaths, but then he started to cry. His hair was covering his face so I couldn't really see, but his body was shaking, and you could see tears falling down. Then I hear him sniff. I walked over to him and patted his back trying not to cry myself. "It's going to be alright, Percy... It's okay to be alright..." I reassured him but I was mostly trying to reassure myself. 

          "No! It's not going to be alright! Everyone is acting strange eating and killing each other! Lo's dead! What is even happening?!" Percy shouted. "Shhhh!" We heard. Both me and Percy looked over to where the noise was from to see if was coming from one of the little boys. The slightly chubby one looked at us with a glare before saying, "Mind keeping it down! Those things are probably attracted by sound!" Percy now looking embarrassed; tried to whip away his tears with the long sleeves of his school uniform. "What do we do now?" Percy now asked. 

          "We should find supplies! We are on our own now..." I said. Aaron bends down next to his slightly chubby brother and whispers something in his ear; that both I and Percy couldn't hear. The slightly chubby one nodded his head almost like he was understanding what he was saying. "Alright, our brother said there is a convenience store just a few blocks from here. We can get supplies from here," He said pointing down the street. "Alright let's start heading over there then," I said and started to walk down the street, to where the boy pointed at. 

          As we walked down the street it was completely silent. There were broken cars, some were on fire. Trash was scattered everything and fire was as well. "Everything has gone to chaos in a short amount of time..." I said looking around. "By the way, what are your guy's names?" I asked the little brothers of Aaron. "I'm Cru," the skinny one said with a proud smile. "And I'm and Cue," The slightly chubby one said. "Well, since to meet you then," I said. "What about you," Cru said. "Huh?" I was confused and what he was asking. "What's your guy's name?" He said turning around to look at both me and Percy. 

          "I'm Jay and this shy person is Percy," I said pointing to Percy. Percy looked away embarrassed from having all that attention on him. Even though it was just me, Aaron, Cru, and Cue he was still embarrassed. "Well, it's nice to meet you guys as well, Jay and Percy," Cru said turning back to look ahead. Though the walk was short-lived because Aaron stopped walking and pointed to a closed convenience store. "Is that the store?" Cue asked looking up at his older brother. Aaron nodded his head and started to walk toward the store. 

          As we got closer to the store we can see that it was closed. "Great now how are we supposed to get in?" Percy asked now looking terrified as he looked around. "What if those things come and find us?" Percy asked again. "Let's go around then," I said and started to walk toward the back of the shop; having the others follow right behind me. When I got to the back door, I tried to open it but it was locked. "It's locked..." I said turning back around to look at the others. "We're doomed," Percy said in defeat before Aaron pushed both me and Percy out of the way of the door. 

          "What's he doing?" Percy asked pointing at Aaron. "He's going to kick the door in," Cru said not sounding surprised. "Wait what-," Before Percy can even finish his sentence Aaron kicked down the door. Percy jumped at the sound and hid behind me. "That's one way to get in..." I said before walking in with Percy right behind me, followed by the three brothers. We slowly walked around the store to see if we can find anything. The store looked like it was still in perfect shape; which would make sense because it was locked uptight. "You can't find anything?" I asked looking over the shelves at the three brothers, but I could only see Aaron because he was taller. 

          Aaron shook his head as a 'no'. "Other than, food we would need later, nothing." I heard one of the brothers say. I nodded my head and continued to look around. Percy decide to look as well, as he stopped hiding from right behind me. He went three isles down looking for anything before... "AHHHHHHHHH!"

          "PERCY!" I shouted and ran to the aisle he went to. When I got there was a man about to hit him with a bat. "W-W-WAIT!" I shouted at the man. He looked up at me and the three brothers that ran up right behind me. "WE ARE NOT ANY OF THOSE THINGS OUTSIDE!" Cue yelled. The man with the bat over his head had a terrified look on his face. He was breathing hard as his body was shaking as he looked down at Percy, who was laying on the floor terrified. Then to me and the brothers. That continued for a few seconds before the man dropped the bat to the brother making a loud, 'clinking' sound. 

          He sat down on the ground pulling his legs up to his chest. "Oh thank god..." He said giving a sigh of relief. Percy quickly got up and took a few steps back. "Who are you?" I asked slowly but cautiously walking over to him. He turned his head towards me with a tired expression on his face. He has tired brown eyes with very messy brown hair. "I'm the cashier here... My names Pat, Pat Williams," He said before standing up and dusting himself off. "I'm Jay, Jay Radars..." I said sticking out my hand so he can shake it. Took him a couple of seconds before he did; shacking my hand. 

          "Nice to meet you," I said. "Likewise." He stopped shacking my hand with a now awkward silence. He scratched the back of his head before turning over to Percy. "Hey... sorry about... almost hitting you," He said looking down. "It's... It's alright. During the circumstances it would make sense for anyone to do that," He said now becoming slightly more calmer.  "Now what are you kids doing here?" He asked now looking at all of us. "We were looking for supplies..." Percy said looking down. 

          "Oh... well you're really not going to find a lot of weapons here..." He said. "We figured as much," Cue said. "Well, I'll let you guys continue," He said before walking back over to the bat he had and picking it up, then walked back over to the counter. Then with that everyone went back to their own think, now looking for bags so they can fill stuff with, and I did the same. 

          I grabbed a dark blue back with a brown bottom, and quickly ran to where the twinkies are. Then I just started to shoved a few of them in my bag. Then I just started to grab canned food, fruit, and other things that I wanted or needed. I then walked over to the counter were Pat was and waited for my friends. "Will, that be all sir?" I heard Pat ask. "Yes..." I said slightly unsure. "That would be 100 dollars..." I froze. "Really..." I said slowly turning to look at him. "No, it doesn't really matter anymore. It's the end of the world so money doesn't matter," He said as he rested his palm in his hand looking down at the floor tiredly.

          "Are you okay man?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's just been a long day," He said. I took out my still alive and charged phone and looked down at the time. "But it's only 11:10 a.m?" I said looking back at him now confused. "Still." I just nodded my head not wanting to pry any further. I looked back at the store at the others, just to see the three brothers messing around and Percy just silently laughing at them. 

          Cue was trying to reach something in Aarons hand that he was lifting over his head, taunting him. It looked like they were having fun but Aaron's face was just emotionless. As he looked down at his younger brother trying to jump up and get the food in his hand. Then Percy being the shy person he is was just watching from a close distance but still slighly far away, was just laughing at them. After a few minutes though Aaron gave his brother back the item he wanted. He grabbed it and stormed off. 

          'Could... I have had a relationship with my brother like that...?'