"So. Where is he?" Lorelei asked.

"Where's who?" Mad-Eye asked.

"Peter Pettigrew. You said you were holding him for me to kill."

They all glanced at each other, and Mad-Eye sighed, "That stupid git. Told you we should have looked over the letter before he sent it!"

"I mean... it got her here." Althena trailed off.

"Wormtail isn't here, Lorelei. We had your friend Augustus send an owl in hopes it would be enough to bring you here. Looks like we succeeded."

"I didn't come for him, I came because the letter said Peter Pettigrew was here!"

"Easy now..." Kingsley said.

"If he's not here, then I'm leaving."

Remus quickly stood up, "And go where? We can help you, Lorelei. We know you lost someone very dear to you and–"

"You don't know a thing. I watched my boyfriend get killed and then the blame got put on me. The only way to help me is to bring Peter to me so I can kill him."

"You don't want that on your conscience." Althena softly said.

"You don't know what I do and don't want." Lorelei fired back, "None of you know a damn thing about me. You want me to help you because I'm useful. I'm not your pawn."

"We never saw you as one, Lorelei. Harry Potter has been defending you furiously ever since what happened. Augustus misses you, we all care for you despite what you think. If you really want to know, you can look into my mind." Remus said.

She shook her head, "I don't want to do that." She said a bit softer.

"We have a spare room for you." Althena said, "Should you want it."

Lorelei slowly turned to Sirius, who looked like he was going to either cry or flip a table.

"Sirius. Say something." Mad-Eye mumbled.

"You look different."

"And you've seen me before?..."

Sirius finally blinked and shook his head, "No no, well, in photos, yes."

A house elf walked up to Lorelei, "Coat." He said bitterly.

Lorelei slowly shrugged off her dusty and long black coat, giving it to the house elf. It walked off, "Why have you got tattoos?" Sirius suddenly asked.

"What is it to you?" Lorelei challenged as she tucked a strand of her grown out hair behind her ear. Her usual wavy hair was now straight with bangs stretching across her forehead.

Lorelei had a tattoo on the right side of her collarbone, one on side of her left hand where her thumb was, and one on her right forearm. All of them were small, but clearly visible.

"Lorelei, this is Sirius Black." Althena said.

"Yes, I know."

She introduced everyone else, but she didn't bother to say hello. All she could think was how familiar Sirius looked to her, and not because she saw him in the papers.

"Do you want something to drink?" Tonks asked.

"I could use some Meade, if you have it."

With that, Sirius stood up abruptly and walked out of the room.

Everyone eventually gathered in the kitchen for dinner. Sirius was the last to arrive, taking his usual spot at the head of the table. He was quiet the entire time, observing Lorelei.

"You're not eating." He commented.

"Not hungry."

"Eat your food, Lorelei. Won't do you any good not to."

Lorelei slowly picked up her fork and took a small bite of the mashed potatoes. She swallowed it and took a drink of her Meade, "So you and I are related."

Sirius choked on his drink suddenly at what she said. He coughed and Althena patted his back without looking at him, "You know?" He asked hopefully.

"Why wouldn't I? It's not exactly a secret that my mother is your cousin..."

He sighed and slowly nodded, "Yes, of course. H-Have you pried into my mind?"

"No. I don't exactly want to see the things you have. If I did, you would know."

The rest of dinner was slow and quiet. Lorelei found herself in the living room alone as mostly everyone had gone to their respective home.

She walked out of the living room, and walked to a door that was perched open. In there, she saw Remus and Sirius talking. She couldn't hear what they were saying due to their hushed voices, but she could tell Sirius was distressed.

Remus put his hands on Sirius' shoulders, and she could make out "It's alright. She's here now."

"Lorelei." She turned to Althena, who was standing by the stairs, "Let me show you to your bedroom."

Lorelei followed her up the stairs. She was led to the end of the hallway, and Althena opened the door, "I'm just across the hall, but I'm not there often. If you need anything, come to me downstairs at night. I'll probably be there."

"At night?"

"I'm a Vampire, Lorelei. Don't ask questions tonight, I don't feel like answering them." Althena replied flatly, "Go off to bed. You need to rest."

The door was shut behind Lorelei as soon as she walked in. On the bed, she saw a pair of neatly folded nightwear. She put her bag down and changed out of her clothes and into the softest pijamas she had worn in months.

She slowly got into bed, lying down on her back with her eyes staring at the ceiling. A single tear rolled down her eye as she clenched the locket that hung around her neck.

Lorelei closed her eyes, and prayed for a quiet nights sleep.