The doctor nodded slowly.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"Um my dad was like born with scoliosis, but it wasn't that bad and then he went to war in Afghanistan and then like he came back shapes like a question mark, so that might be something." I said.

"I didn't know your dad was in the war." Ariana said quickly. I shrugged.

"It never came up." I said.

"Well thank you for telling me. Scoliosis is hereditary." The doctor said.

"That's fucked." I said.

Ariana hit me.

"I'm being honest." I said.

"So let's get to the moment you've been waiting for." Doctor Wells said.

It took a minute for the video feed to appear on the monitor. I saw a little jellybean thing.

"Bro." I said.

"That's the baby?" Ariana asked happily.

"That's your baby." Doctor Wells said.

"Goddamn that baby gone look just like me." I smiled proudly.

"It looks like a Lima bean. You have no idea who it's gonna look like." Ariana said.

"That's what you think." I said.

———

"Can I ask you something?" Ariana asked as we were setting up the house for our dinner with the family.

"What's up?" I asked.

"We've been doing this for so long and I'm pregnant now and I know we have so much love for you, but why does it feel like I don't know you? Like today about your dad being in war. You just never open up." She said.

"Well it's hard to open up when you got the shit beat out of you for speaking as a child." I said.

"Yeah of course. I'm sorry for bringing that up." Ariana said.

"No, you don't have to apologize at all. I didn't mean to sound like that. I was just trying to say that it's really hard for me to open up because of how I was treated for opening up in the past. And I've never felt the way I feel about you for anyone else, so I don't know what to do with all these feelings." I said.

"I don't try to pry, it's just that I want to know everything about you. Especially since we're having a baby now." Ariana said.

"That's understandable." I said.

———

"Aight, where the hoes at?" Brady asked as he walked through the front door.

"Right here." I said pointing to myself.

"I know that, fucker." Brady said.

"I brought beer so stay away, Y/N!" Jackson said shutting the door.

"Thank you for the announcement." I said.

Brady picked me up.

"We're just so excited to tell the family! When are they getting here?" He said happily.

"They'll be here in like 2 minutes." I said still in the air.

"The baby is having a baby!" Brady said shaking me. He pulled me in to hug me and swung me around.

"Can I borrow her, Brad?" Ariana asked.

"Mm lemme think about it." Brady said. I laughed and jumped out of his arms.