Chapter 40

Tessa

A few weeks later...

"Hardin! We're going to be late if you don't hurry up. I thought I am the pregnant one!" I giggle and he comes out from the bathroom.

"I'm ready, love." He comes to me and he seems a little bit nervous.

"What's wrong with you?" I take his hand as we walk to the door.

"Nothing." He helps me to get in the car and then he gets in.

"Hardin..."

"I can't wait to see the baby."

"Me too." I smile and I rub my little bump.

After 40 minutes, we arrive at the hospital and we go OB level where we meet nurse Nevin.

Nurse Nevin: "Hi guys! Doctor Robbins is waiting for you!"

Tessa: "Hi!" We enter in doctor Robbins's office. "Good morning!"

Dr. Robbins: "Good morning, guys! How are you feeling, Tessa?"

Tessa: "I'm a little bit better, but I still have morning sickness, not all the time, but it's still there."

Dr. Robbins: "It will take another few weeks, then you will feel better. How are the vitamins? Are you feeling more energic?"

Tessa: "Yes, I'm not that tired anymore."

Dr. Robbins: "That's really good. I received your tests results and you have anemia, but it's not something really bad. It's normal in a pregnancy to have this. But I will prescribe you some iron vitamins and we will repeat the test in the second trimester. I also recommend a healthy diet, with iron-rich food."

Tessa: "Okay. This is not a problem for the baby?"

Dr. Robbins: "No. He needs all these vitamins to grow."

Hardin: "That's good."

Dr. Robbins: "Now, I would like to check your cervix. I know it's very uncomfortable, but it's better to be safe, than sorry. We will do this often, as we want to have a term baby, okay?"

Tessa: "I will do anything to have this baby."

Dr. Robbins: "Good. And don't worry, Hardin. We will do an ultrasound soon, okay?"

Hardin: "Sure!"

She checks me firstly, telling me that everything looks fine, then we do the ultrasound. Hardin is sitting next to me and we look at the screen.

Dr. Robbins: "And here is your baby." She points to the baby. Now we can see a tiny human. "These are his legs and his hands and his little body. For eleven weeks, everything is looking very good. And let's hear the heartbeat." She pushes a button and we hear the baby's heartbeat. It's a nice sound and I want to cry.

Tessa: "It's amazing!"

Dr. Robbins: "It really is, Tessa." She smiles. "And if you look well, you can see him moving a little."

Tessa: "Yeah, I can see it. But when I will feel the movements? And what to expect?"

Dr. Robbins: "As it's your first pregnancy, you will feel the movements around 20-21 weeks and it will be like a butterfly wing, very weak, but with time, you will feel the kicks very hard."

Hardin: "And the gender? When we can know what we're having?"

Dr. Robbins: "If you are lucky, you will be able to find out the gender at your next appointment."