𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 21

POLLY GRAY was glowing as she walked through the doors of the orphanage with little Elizabeth Gray in her arms while Athena was holding Alexandra.Both ladies had a bright smile on their faces;it was a rather exciting day for the Shelby family.

It was the day of the grand opening of The Grace Shelby Insitute and the family was united once again for Thomas' sake.Athena knew already,more than anyone,that Tommy's heart and mind would be with his late wife that day.Which both were full of Grace every single day since he met her but either way,it was a very important day for the former Shelby couple.

Athena couldn't help but feel a bit bitter;and she hated herself for it.The night before,after Tommy and her shared a dance over her favourite tune,they had a little bit more of the French wine and Thomas suggested a walk by the canal;something that made the young woman furrow her brows at.

''The canal?''

''Yeah,the canal.It's a beautiful place that I used to go with the first woman that I ever fell in love with.''

''Thomas..''

''I am very sure that you would love it,Mrs.Gray.''

''Alright then.Lead the way,Mr.Shelby.''

From the moment that her head hit the pillow of her king sized bed that she used to share with  her husband,she felt overwhelmed.She felt guilt but she felt butterflies all over her tummy as well.Thomas Shelby really had her wrapped around his pinky and she couldn't help it but feel completely and utterly idiotic.

Tommy was the first man that had owned her heart and crushed it in matter of days.And after a dinner,a dance and a walk by the canal,she already could tell that her feelings about Thomas were slowly but surely coming to the surface.

She felt naive,weak.The strong and mature woman that she had been the last few years suddenly felt like a facade.And it bothered her,it really did.

But on the same time,she felt..excited.Happy,even.She felt things that she used to feel with Michael when they started dating.

In other words,Athena knew that Thomas already had her heart in his hands once again.It was a heart full of broken pieces that were glued funky,but nonetheless was a heart that could still feel.And she hoped that Tommy wouldn't drop it.Again.

But she knew that she couldn't quite trust a man that was broken himself for a decade now.

''Ah,little lady Gray,so happy to see ya love.Yeah,it's uncle John,the coolest of 'em all,''John said,sounding overly excited to see one of the twins.

''You are really taking advantage of the fact that you are her favourite eh?''Athena smiled at John,passing him gently Alexandra in his arms.

''Ya know it,darlin'.Makes me happy.''

''I know it,Johnny,''Athena smiled at the sweet sight of John craddling her baby,''Where's the little trouble?''He asked her as tickled Alexandra's belly,making her let out a very loud baby giggle that made her feel so warm inside.It did wonders to John as well,making him chuckle along with the baby.

''Elizabeth is with her nana,''Athena smiled and kissed Alexandra's chubby cheek,''Ah two Elizabeth Grays in one room,that can never be good,''John teased her,making her chuckle.

It was crazy how Elizabeth was already giving away that in the future she would be like the woman that she took her name after.

''Alright,Shelbys!Time for a family picture!''Athena could hear Arthur's gruff voice call for the rest of the clan,''Do you want me to take her back?''Athena asked John,but he shook his head.