𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 9

IT WAS JUST ABOUT 06:45 AM,that Polly's kitchen was filled with the smell of freshly cooked eggs and bacon,croissants that were bought from the bakery and the black hot coffee that was just brewed.

''It smells like heaven in here.''Athena smiled as she heard his voice against her ear,his bare chest hitting her back that was covered by his shirt,while his arms wrapped around the girl's torso.Michael could almost groan at the sight of her wearing just his shirt and nothing else.She was his and his only.

''Just for my man.''She replied softly,turning around once she had served the eggs and bacon on the plates.She wrapped her arms around his neck,smiling at his handsome face.The sun was just coming through the window,kissing their skin.It radiated a bit of warmth,even though it was December.

They leaned in for a kiss,smiling against each other's lips.Athena felt peace that she hadn't felt in a long time.Her heart was full at the moment.

Once they broke their kiss,Michael brought a hand against her cheek,caressing the now healed scar that decorated it.''My mum stayed at Tommy's yesterday,you know so she can help Grace with Charlie.''He whispered,he didn't want to disturb the peace that had covered this house.''So we have a few hours to ourselves before we go to the office.''He smiled,kissing her forehead.

Athena smiled softly,placing both of her soft hands on his cheeks,looking in his beautiful eyes.''Alright my love.''She whispered,kissing his lips softly,''Now come on,I don't want my man to have an empty stomach.''She giggled,and it was like music to his ears.Oh,Michael's heart was melting because of that woman.

Once he was seated,Athena served their breakfast,grabbing two mugs once the plates were on the table,filling them with the warm coffee that she brewed;two cubes of sugar for each of them.

''Once you become Mrs.Gray,you won't cook for me.''Michael chuckled,sipping his warm coffee that his girl made with love earlier.Athena shook her head as she cut a bit of bacon,eating it before she looked at her man.''I like cooking for you,it's a way of expressing love.''She whispered,making the man smile wide at her little confession.

She took a bite of the croissants that were filled with cocoa,making her smile at the taste.''Are they good?''He asked her softly,taking one from the plate as well.Athena nodded her head,''Mrs.Johnson has the best ones in the town.''She giggled before she took another bite.

''You know,you smell just like croissants.''He chuckled,cutting one in half.Athena sipped her coffee,raising a brow.''You smell just like croissants and cinnamon buns.So sweet,caramel and vanilla.''He said,making her blush,''What's your secret?''He asked her with a chuckle,making her bite her lip.

''Time to reveal it I guess,''She joked and shook her head before she looked at her boyfriend,''My mom makes this cologne.She makes perfumes and since I was a little girl,I fell in love with this scent.So since then,she makes it into perfume,body wash,shampoo.For me.''She admitted,making Michael raise a brow,he didn't expect that.

''That's very special.''He whispered,letting his hand go over hers,smiling as their fingers intertwined.

''It is,that's why it was a secret.So you know that you are special to me as well,now that I revealed it.''She teased him,but behind her teasing was the hint of truth.Both of them knew it by now.

''You are special to me as well,baby.''He whispered,kissing her forehead gently.She smiled at that,he didn't need to say it.She felt it.From his actions,from his looks,from his touch.

''Athena,I want to make you mine already.''He admitted in a whisper,making the girl furrow her brows and let her mug on the table,''I am already yours,baby.''She replied,caressing his hand softly.The man shook his head,''No no,I want you to be mine.My wife.''He whispered,making Athena's heart skip a beat.

She was falling in love with Michael,that was true.But she didn't know how she was feeling about marriage.Though,she had never felt like that.She felt that Michael was a keeper and one of a kind,that's true.

Maybe,she actually wanted this too.She wanted to be his and only his as well.She didn't know if it was the heat of the moment,if it was her naive nineteen year old brain,if it was her feelings but Athena wanted this.She wanted him.

''I want to be yours,as well.''She admitted,making the man's eyes shine.He couldn't even explain to her how he was feeling.He was absolutely thriving.

''Then this can come handy.''He whispered,before he got up and walked towards the hanger that had his coat on,grabbing a small velvet box before he got on his knee in front of the girl.Athena gasped,this was actually happening.He was not kidding or talking bullshit.

Michael opened the box and gulped,taking a breath.''Athena Walkers,even though we have not been that long with each other,I know that you are special.I know that you are one of a kind,a woman that has lots of love to give and take.I love you.I love the way that your smile creates small wrinkles by your lips to show how happy you are,I love how radiant  your skin looks against the sun.How your eyes shine like diamonds when you are happy.How you cherish the smallest things and how caring you are for the people that you love.I love you.Would you do me the honor of being my wife?''Michael said,looking up at the woman.His eyes full of love and promises.

Athena smiled wide,a small tear falling on her cheek.Her heart was full from the words that she had heard,this was everything to her.She didn't know that she needed this till it actually happened.In that moment,Athena was absolutely sure that Michael was the one for her.

She nodded her head rapidly,''It would be my pleasure.Yes.''She finally confirmed,Michael sheding a tear at her answer.He was blooming with happiness,he felt content.

He slowly wore the ring on her pretty finger.It was absolutely beautiful.The band was silver,decorated by small,tiny diamonds and on top lied a square diamond,dainty and beautiful,just like his Athena.

''Oh Michael.''She whispered,looking from the ring to his eyes.She wrapped her arms around his neck before their lips crashed,sharing a kiss full of need and love for each other.

''I love you,you and only you.''

AN:small filler chapter for today!