Katie - Part 1

"Mummy, do I have to come with you tonight? I'm tired.."

I looked at my daughter, kneeling in front of her. "You don't have to come with me if you don't want to, you know that. You can stay here with Hannah, if you want. I'll be back late, though, are you fine with that?"

Katie looked at me for a moment before she nodded. "Yes, I want to stay here with Hannah."

"That's fine, dear," I assured her. "Be good for Hannah, okay? If you want to, we can go to the beach tomorrow before the next concert."

"Do you have to go to those concerts?" Katie asked me.

Chuckling a little, I nodded. "Yes, I do, that's my job. That's how I earn money for us. I have to go to those concerts so I can buy you all the toys and sweets. If you decide you do want to go to the seaside we can see what kind of treats they have here in Japan."

"Okay," she agreed. "We can go to the seaside, I know you like that."

"I do," I agreed. "Thanks, dear. I have to get ready now, but is there anything I can do for you before that?"

Katie thought for a moment, before she shook her head. "No, thank you. Maybe, can I ask Hannah to order some ice cream?"

I thought for a moment before I nodded. "Alright, but just tonight. Because it's the first concert of the tour. Don't ask for that every time, okay? It's an exception," I told her.

"Thank you, Mummy," she said, smiling widely at me. "You can get ready now."

"Thanks, dear. I'll say goodnight to you before I go," I promised her, before I went into the bathroom. Normally, I didn't bother putting too much effort into my looks for a concert, but tonight it was a little different. I needed to look good, because I had a very special connection with the band. When I was ready, I returned to my daughter once again. She was sitting at the coffee table of our hotel room, working on one of her many colouring books. It made me happy to see her enjoying that so much.

She looked up and smiled at me. "You look pretty."

"Thanks, sweetie," I replied, kissing her cheek. "I have to go now, but will you be fine with Hannah?"

She nodded confidently. "Yes. Goodnight, Mummy, I love you." She put down her pencils and hugged me tightly, making me smile.

"I love you too, Katie. I'm looking forward to seeing all your drawings tomorrow, my dear," I said, getting up. Before I left, I checked with Hannah, my on-tour live-in babysitter, and by now a fabulous friend. I informed her that I had allowed Katie to ask for some ice cream, making sure that she would really get that. And then, I was off to the venue. On my own, which I enjoyed a lot. And I liked being in Japan. And yet, despite everything, I was nervous about what lay ahead.

I had a very personal connection with the band, and there was no way of telling how it would affect my life in the next couple of weeks. I made it to the venue not long after, amazed by the amount of fans waiting to see them. Queen. They were fabulous, I knew that. And yet I hoped I wasn't important enough to be running into them backstage.

I had my own tiny room for my equipment, complete with a few snacks and a bit to drink, which was lovely. It was a nice welcome that I got. With a sigh, I placed my camera bag down, opening one of the juice bottles, before I unpacked my equipment, assembling my cameras.

Just as I was finished with that, there was a knock on the door of my small room. Curious who it might be, I opened the door, finding myself face to face with a very familiar man.

"Hey there, stranger," he greeted me, a small smile on his face.

"Brian," I exclaimed surprised. "Oh... hi... wow, I didn't think I'd be talking to any of you..."