"Wait wait wait," Adaman suddenly says, eyes wide, "You're telling me they will actually rename Hisui Sinnoh at some point like Kamado said to you? After the almighty Sinnoh both of our clans worshipped before we found it to be Dialga and Palkia?"

"I guess so," you say, "Although I have no idea when it'll happen."

"That's absolutely fascinating!" Cynthia interjects, "To think you got sent back to a time written about in the myths and legends I've studied for years. And to think you're dating someone of such importance from that time!"

"Well I don't know if I'd hold myself in such high regard," Adaman says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, "I try my best though. My clan is my family, after all, so I owe it to all of them to be a good leader."

"I can already tell from you saying that that you are," Cynthia smiles, "I have a similar role now as the champion of the region. Part of my job is to guide young trainers and to make sure everyone is safe in any situation, no matter how extreme."

"That sounds like what Y/N does for us too," Adaman nods, "She literally stopped the world from ending by closing a space-time rift that had been opened by someone who looks remarkably like you, probably your ancestor, and even went on to face and defeat Arceus in a fight. You probably know this already but she's amazing." You blush at his words - Adaman is always eager to share how proud he is of you, insisting he will continue to do so until you truly believe how amazing you are, and it's something you will always be grateful for.

"She is," Cynthia agrees, before gasping as she processes the rest of what Adaman has just said. You look at her in confusion as she uncharacteristically gapes at you, her grey eyes wide in awe.

"Err, Cynthia?" you ask tentatively.

"You... you're the one who defeated my ancestor? Volo?"

"Wait, you know about him?!" Now it's your turn to gasp as his name leaves her lips. It shouldn't be a surprise to you, given Cynthia's almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the region's myths and legends, but to think she's actually read about your escapades and the fact that there are actually books out there recalling what you did to save Hisui blows your mind.

"I... I do," she nods, her expression serious, "It's a shameful part of my family's history. A tale of a man getting so overcome by bitterness and a desire for power that he strives to recreate the world. It's something every generation of my family since has used to teach their children and learn from his misguided ways, but is something that we have been sworn to secrecy about so it never gets out that he is associated in any way with our family and the ancient people of Sinnoh. It's also why I was so determined to stop Cyrus when he tried the same thing, to stop the mistakes of old being repeated. To think that you were the one to overthrow Volo, Y/N... To think you're the one who I've read about in the history books all this time... It's incredible."

You go to reply, but before you can you're interrupted by the sound of more people approaching, along with Rachel and Sawyer returning with a couple of sandwiches.

"Oh, it looks like Lance, Steven and Wallace are here," Cynthia says, her expression quickly relaxing in a smile once again, "Looks like we'll have to continue this conversation later - I'd love to hear more about your life in Hisui," she adds, as she gestures you to follow her across to meet the other champions who have just arrived.

You and Adaman gratefully take the food from Rachel and Sawyer, who then take their leave as Cynthia quickly introduces you to each of the champions and explains where you and Adaman have come from, and they all greet you with a warm smile. Lance explains that he is the Indigo League champion and carries out his duties in the regions of Kanto and Johto, and Steven says he's the Hoenn champion, with Wallace standing in for him whenever he wishes to travel.