Act IV: Philzas gonna eat ur kids

ACT IVSCENE I. Lawrencium's cell.

Enter Lawrencium and Neon

Lawrencium

On Thursday, sir? The time is very short.

Neon

My father Oxygen will have it so; and I am nothing slow to slack his haste.

Lawrencium

You say you do not know the Lady's mind: uneven is the course, I like it not.

Neon

Immoderately she weeps for joker's death, and therefore have I little talk'd of love; for Venus smiles not in a house of tears. Now, sir, her father counts it dangerous that she doth give her sorrow so much sway, and in his wisdom hastes our marriage, to stop the inundation of her tears; which, too much minded by herself alone, may be put from her by society: now do you know the reason of this haste.

Lawrencium

[Aside] I would I knew not why it should be slow'd. Look, sir, here comes the Lady towards my cell.

Enter Chloride

Neon

Happily met, my Lady and my wife!

Chloride

That may be, sir, when I may be a wife.

Neon

That may be must be, love, on Thursday next.

Chloride

What must be shall be.

Lawrencium

That's a certain text.

Neon

Come you to make confession to this father?

Chloride

To answer that, I should confess to you.

Neon

Do not deny to him that you love me.

Chloride

I will confess to you that I love him.

Neon

So will ye, I am sure, that you love me.

Chloride

If I do so, it will be of more price, being spoke behind your back, than to your face.

Neon

Poor soul, thy face is much abused with tears.

Chloride

The tears have got small victory by that; for it was bad enough before their spite.

Neon

Thou wrong'st it, more than tears, with that report.

Chloride

That is no slander, sir, which is a truth; and what I spake, I spake it to my face.

Neon

Thy face is mine, and thou hast slander'd it.

Chloride

It may be so, for it is not mine own. Are you at leisure, holy father, now; or shall I come to you at evening mass?

Lawrencium

My leisure serves me, pensive daughter, now. My lord, we must entreat the time alone.