Chapter 5: The awful, terrible, no good meeting

----------Y'all really wanted me to upload, so here you go! Thank  you all for commenting, it means a lot to me

My jaw dropped in surprise as I looked back at him, and I saw his throat move as he gulped. He obviously did not want to see me here, let alone expect it. 

"Oh you must be new! I'm so sorry I didn't notice you, my name is Mrs.Edger but you can call me Christina." I shifted my focus to the woman, clearing my throat.

"U-uh, yeah, my name is Darby." I stuttered, cursing myself in my mind. She smiled and nodded, while a couple of other people snickered.

"It's you! I know you! You're the jerk who dumped milk on me at my work!" The blond said furiously, and I could have sworn I saw Isaiah fighting a smile. 

"Now, Paula. I'm sure-Darby, was it? I'm sure Darby regrets it now. Doesn't he?" She said, giving me a wink. I realized right away this woman wasn't going to be a dolt like i'd thought.

"Yeah. Sure." I said, giving 'Paula' a blank look. She clenched her jaw, crossing her arms and turning away. Hey, that's fine with me. Please, by all means ignore me. 

"Alright! Now that that's finished, why don't we start? Since we have a new member, why don't we get to know him? Darby, would you like to introduce yourself?"

"I thought I already did." I said grumpily, and the guy in the big sweatshirt snickered. 

"How about you tell us a few things about yourself, then?" She said, unfazed by my lack of manners. 

"Oh I know one! He's damn short." The Mexican chick piped up, and they all snickered save for Christina and Isaiah. I gritted my teeth, ignoring that comment and sitting straighter in my seat. 

"For one thing, I hate when people point out the painstakingly obvious, and make it ten times more noticeable how stupid they are." I said, giving the girl a cold look.

She glared back, picking at her nai-wait, those aren't nails. Those are more like very colorful claws. 

"There isn't much interesting about me." I said, moving my eyes to the floor. 

"I'm sure that isn't true. But, if you're uncomfortable we'll move on. First, we'd like to know why you're here. The most important step to recovery is admitting you have a problem to others." She said. Well crap.

"That's just it, I don't have a damn problem." I snapped, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Darby, doing any kind of illegal drug is-"

"No, you don't get it. I don't do drugs! My mother thinks I do, and she put me here on a stupid whim!" I semi-shouted, and everyone looked surprised at my outburst. I shrank back in my seat, forcing back a blush. 

"I see. I'll just continue on with the others, so you can see how things run here." I nodded, still not looking up. 

"Why don't you all introduce yourselves again and admit your drug abuse, to help Darby here out of his shell a bit?" They all groaned, and I groaned in my head. Single me out, why don't ya. 

"Fine, i'll start. My name is Maria and i'm addicted to Solvent." She flipped her hair out of her face, checking her claws once again.

Christina looked at the big guy, giving him an encouraging nod. He shrugged, getting more comfortable in his seat before beginning.

"My name is Eduardo, and i'm addicted to weed." He sighed, looking bored with everything. I guess that fits, then. Next was blondie, who gave me a nasty look before once again turning her back to  me. Childish.