Chapter 6: Hey baby hey

----------Whaddup people? Drop me a comment yeah? Or a message? Need to know how to make this story the best that it can be! :D Dedicated to XxrosesareredxX for the awesome compliments. You go Glen Coco----------

For the entirety of the next day, I was deciding on whether or not to call Isaiah and talk to him about what happened. I didn't want to seem clingy, but then again I wanted to....well, cling. Sigh.

I don't know what is wrong with me, or why I am acting this way. Okay that is a lie, maybe I do. I just don't know if i'm ready to admit it. 

I glanced at the clock, scowling. Only four in the evening? Great. I picked up my phone again, gritting my teeth. To hell with it. I clicked Isaiah's name, and listened to it ring in terror.

Oh god what am I doing? I don't even know what i'll say if he answers. What if he ignores it? Or worse, answers it and tells me never to call again, ever. Gah i'm such a girlie little bit-

"Hello?" I snapped out of my inner ranting, clearing my throat.

"Hey, uh Isaiah? It's Darby." I said, chewing my lip nervously. 

"Muffin? What'd you call me for?" He said, and I glared even though he couldn't see. 

"I wanted to know if you wanted to, um, meet up somewhere or something." 

"......You wanna be a little more specific there muffin?" He said, sounding like he wanted to laugh.

"Shut up! I'm trying to be confident here, an-stop laughing, for fuck's sake!" He burst out laughing in the middle of my sentence, practically in hysterics. A blush formed on my cheeks, making me even more furious. I never blush, and since i've met him i've blushed more than I can count. 

"I-I'm sorry, you're just too adorable muffin. Anyways, I can't meet up with you today. I've got lifeguard duty." I kept myself from being too disappointed, and hung up the phone. Not even saying goodbye.

As soon as he said he was working, my shirt already came off and I was reaching for the swim trunks in my hamper. For some reason, there was no second thought about it. I needed to see him, for whatever reason. 

I grabbed a towel and rushed downstairs, since my parents weren't home I could do whatever I wanted. I locked the door on my way out,  snatching up my bike and hopping on, pedaling fast. I shook my head, clearing the excitement.

What the hell is up with me? I shouldn't be so happy to go see a guy I don't even like, and hardly know. It's abnormal, right? Besides, I don't believe in love at first sight. Not even admiration. Psh, no such thing. 

When I got there, I locked my bike up and walked on to the sand, shielding my eyes from the sun and looking around. One lifeguard, that's a chick. Two lifeguards, that's a black dude. Three-Isaiah!

I spotted him leaning against the lifeguard stand, looking out at the sea with his hands in his pockets. I started walking towards him when he pulled out his phone and unlocked it, pressing a button and holding the phone to his ear. 

Wait, he's not calling-"HEY BABY HEY BABY HEY! HEY BABY BABY!"  I blushed almost violently, scrambling to shut off my phone. Once I did, looked up slowly, to find Isaiah turned around, phone in hand and smirk firmly in place. Ah geez. 

"Well, hello there muffin. I didn't peg you as a Stefani fan."

"Shut it! You got a problem?" I snapped, and he raised his hands to his shoulders, chortling. 

"N-not at all. So, you missed me that badly, huh?" He looked me in the eyes, his lips still turned up in that attractive way that I can't believe I just thought.