The Starks

Catelyn POV.

I was walking toward the throne room at the Twins. Rob had taken up his court there since he made peace with Walder Frey. My son was King in the North, Sansa was back and the boys were at the wall. Of coarse I would have preferred they were with me, but what can I do? At least they were safe. Now the child of mine who was keeping me up at night was Arya. My sweet, feisty, independent Arya. No one had seen her in years. She was most likely dead. It hurt immensely to even think that, but I was just being realistic.

As I arrived in the throne room, there was a huge buzz. Everyone was talking. I went up to my son in order to ask him what was going on.

"A raven just arrived from Kings Landing. Daenerys Targaryen has taken over the throne!"

'Her Grace, Queen Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Essos, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons, hereby demands every Noble House in Westeros to send one representative to Kings Landing. They shall arrive at the latest by the end of the moon. Should a House fail to do so, they will be ripped of title and land and the dragons will be paying said House a visit. Once they arrive, the Queen shall be talking to them, in order to decide who is worthy of keeping their title and who is to be stripped of it.

The Houses of Dorne are pardoned and do not need to come. As for the Houses Stark, Lannister and Baratheon, they will be expected to arrive with every know member.'

As I finished reading the letter I didn't know how to feel. On the positive side, the Lannisters were no longer in power and the Targaryen might even agree to Robb's kinghood. On the negative, we might all get hanged for Ned's participation in the war and she was a Targaryen after all. Madness runs in the family.

"Well what shall we do? We cannot ignore it, for we will be killed and if we go, we might also die" I posed the question everyone was wondering about.

"We must go. If we show her we trust her, she might spare us. There is no point in fighting, for we can never win against a dragon" Robb decided. I wasn't happy about going, but Robb was right. We didn't have a choice.

"So we shall leave in the morning. The way is long and we do not want to be late. Just me, Mother and Sansa. We will take 30 men for safety on the road. We should first ride to the Wall and get Rickon and Bran" Robb further advised and the he left the room, having other business to attend to. At least I get to see my boys again.