three

"are you nervous?" wendy asked as she stares out of the window, feeling nervous herself. she looks at the person beside her and rolls her eyes when she saw him dozing off, "nevermind then..." she muttered and went back to the window, looking at every passing building.

"no, why would i?" mark suddenly answered, she went back to looking at him but he was still in the same position as earlier.

"you're meeting up with the queen and princess of this country, don't you feel any bit of nervousness?" she said with a pout, "because i am so nervous and i'm not even the one to be talking to them!" wendy raised her voice at the last part, the driver looks back at them and then went back to looking ahead.

mark chuckled at his reaction and opened an eye, "don't be nervous, ms. shon, it'll be done smoothly before you know it." he assured her.

"b-but–!"

he opened both his eyes and sat straight in front of her, "no buts. we can do this, ms. shon. okay?" he reassured her one more time and wendy just nodded at his words, trusting that everything will go smoothly.

"i hate to ruin the moment for the two of you but we're here." the driver said with a mischievous smile on his lips. it was then realized how close they were, the two awkwardly moved away from each other with wendy opening the door for her boss to come out.

"uh guys?" the driver called both of them. they could already tell it was bad news, judging by this tone and expression.

"what is it?" mark asked.

"the flower boy just messaged me that they couldn't deliver the flowers, he told me that something came up." the driver said as he rolled his eyes, "does this kid know how important those flowers are?"

wendy sighs before turning to face mark, who had an unreadable expression on his face, "i'll go buy some flowers, wait for me here. it's a good thing that i was looking out of the window earlier."

"he can come with you, ms. shon." mark said, planning to speak to the driver but before he could, wendy stopped him.

"you saw the traffic on the other lane, i can run, mark." wendy said, "and besides we're twenty minutes early. i can make it."

"wendy–"

"i'll be back, sir."

fifteen minutes passed and mark kept looking out of the window, hoping to see wendy with the bouquet of flowers to be given to the queen and princess. he stood in the hotel's main hall as he casually look at his watch for the time.

the door opened and mark immediately fixed his stance, "good morning, your highnesses." he greeted the two with a bow.

the queen and princess smiled at him, "shall we start?"

"i'm here!" wendy exclaimed as soon as she entered the hotel. the three of them looked at her, mark smiled in relief to see her with the queen having no emotions, the princess giggled and called her to come with her hand.

"i'm so sorry for entering the way i entered, these flowers are for you, your highnesses." wendy said with a warm smile as she bowed with the flowers handed out.

mina, the princess, took a bouquet and smiled at her, "thank you, ms. shon." she said, "mom." she said as she gave her mother her bouquet.

"thank you, dear. shall we start now?"