12. A Lie & Promise

Start from the beginning

It was quickly replaced by another one, though, almost getting Connie if it hadn't been for Reiner. Having taken a bite into his arm, you watched as he carried it to a nearby window trying to throw it out. Connie cut the jaw, allowing him to free his arm and letting one of the women kick it the rest of the way out of the window. Not having any more immediate threats, you helped board up the doorway that the titans came through. Christa, as she introduced herself, took the opportunity to bandage up Reiner. And by the looks of it, he enjoyed it.

Below, the veteran scouts had cleared out the remaining titans that were trying to get in when they were interrupted by debris being thrown and damaging the tower they were on, killing two of them instantly. Hearing the commotion, you made your way to the top of the tower to find that part of it was missing; concrete rubble scattered across the ground.

"We've got twice as many as before." Connie stood at the edge, looking over part of the remaining wall. Titans began attacking what part of the tower they could reach, trying to get to you. You watched as Nanaba and Gelgar returned to fight, both running out of gas and usable blades. Feeling sick to your stomach, you couldn't look away as you watched them die. Surely, this was a dream, right? You'd wake up to Erwin, not trapped here on the top of a tower with people you barely knew.

"Ymir!" Christa's yell snapped you out of your thoughts. 'This is real. It has to be.' Turning your attention to her, you watched as Ymir jumped and fell to the ground below, knife in hand. It took seconds, but the lightning gave way to a small, rather ugly titan that started attacking the other titans, much like Eren. Not listening to what they were saying, you noticed Krista become angry towards her actions. Despite her efforts, the tower began to give way. Her priority became apparent as she climbed back up the tower and let the five of you climb on to her back and hold on to her hair. It'd be a lie, if you said it wasn't a thrill riding on the back of a titan. You even thought it while riding on Pieck. With the tower gone and you on the ground, Ymir took off towards the remaining titans.

Not knowing what was better, daybreak or the additional help coming in, but you were thankful for both. You watched as Hange led the Scouts into killing off the remaining titans, bringing relief. You let the group as they greeted their friends to go and sit against a fallen piece of wall, the stress of the evening getting to you. If this was normal, then you couldn't begin to fathom how Erwin and the others felt. Reiner and Bert watched you from a distance, but decided not to approach you. With any luck, they'd want to talk later about what happened. Hange came up to you, looking worried.

"Are you okay?"

"No. How's Erwin?" Honesty was the best course of action here.

"Don't know. I haven't spoken to him or Miche since you have. He's going to be pissed that you came out here. Where's Miche?"

"He was... Injured and was taken back." The worry was evident on their face.

"Why did you come out here, anyways? I saw Miche take you with him, but didn't know why."

"I'm a nurse. I thought I could be of some help if someone was injured. Guess that doesn't say much for Miche, though, does it?" You let out a chuckle to try and ease the tension.

"I guess not. Why don't you come back with me? I need to meet Erwin anyways and he'd love to know how you're doing." they offered you a hand. Glancing to Reiner, he had lost any interest in you while he talked to Eren and the others. Taking Hange's hand, you let them help you up.

"Or I can take you to Trost. You live there, right?" Nodding, you watched as Ymir was put onto a gurney and carried away. She looked comatose, but she had Christa by her side so you had no doubt that she would be fine. An ache rose in your chest at the sight.