Sixth Year (Part 2)

I was heading towards the Three Broomsticks with Draco to figure out his first task that he needed to complete. As we made our way up the steps, he grabbed my hand for comfort. I gave it a squeeze before we entered the room to gather what we needed. The first task was to curse a necklace and deliver it to Dumbledore. I looked up at Draco, he had fear in his eyes, I lifted his hand to my lips and kissed his knuckles reassuringly.

"We can do this, Dray." I said looking into his grey eyes. "I'm here to help, and I will always protect you, okay?"

He looked between my eyes, seeing nothing but love and strength in them. He breathed in deeply before we proceeded to gather everything up and head to deliver it to our first victim, both of us extremely nervous but needing to prove ourselves.

"I'll be back, I'm just running to the ladies room" I told Draco as I took the package.

I left it on the sink and proceeded to leave, knowing Draco would 'persuade' Katie Bell to deliver the necklace to Dumbledore. We quickly left Hogsmeade and made our way back to the castle, unbeknownst to us, something unexpected was happening.

We found out later that night, from Snape, that Katie Bell was cursed by the necklace. Draco was already beating himself up, his face scrunching up in despair for hurting a fellow classmate. I grabbed his clenched fist, rubbing my palm over his white knuckles to try and ease the tension.

"What do we do now?" I asked, looking at Snape.

"I will speak to the others, letting them know it wasn't your fault. I'll make something up so neither of you are severely punished, but you both will be under careful watch. He'll be waiting for another mess up."

I nodded as I gripped Draco's hand tightly, swallowing thickly. Snape left us where we were, I looked up at Draco and I could see his mind reeling.

He was starting to panic, "Baby," no response, "Baby, look at me," I rubbed the back of his neck, easing some of the tension from his shoulders, "What did I say earlier?"

"You're here, and will always protect me"

"Exactly, I won't let anything happen to you. No matter what happens to me, okay?"

"I don't want anything happening to you!"

"I know, and nothing will"

I looked between his eyes, "We will be okay, but I need you to breathe with me."

I sat on top of the desk in the room we were in, and brought his head to the crook of my neck, his forehead resting on my shoulder as I stroked his hair. I slowed my breathing so he could calm his, his grip on my hand loosened as he calmed himself. He leaned his forehead on mine after getting better control of himself. To show him how much he means to me, I brought his left arm into my lap. I rubbed his forearm lightly with my hand, something I had yet to do. I knew it would itch and burn him at times, I would see him rub at his arm over his shirt, so I decided to do the same for him. I knew he was watching me, but I continued to look down at his covered arm.

"I love you" he said quietly, still watching me.

"I love you more" I said, finally looking into his eyes that held nothing but admiration and love for me.

************

Weeks later, I was eating lunch with Hermione, Harry, and Ron, keeping an eye out for Draco to enter the hall.

"Harry, there's Katie" Hermione says quietly, my eyes looking in the direction Harry's had just gone.

Harry gets up from the table to approach her, speaking to her quietly about the incident. I see Draco come in but he stops, seeing Harry and Katie talking, Harry and Draco stare at each other before Draco becomes overwhelmed and walks off. I hurry after Draco, following a few steps behind Harry.