"She got jumped. Three vampires, all dressed like yuppies." The wolf replied.

"The Strix?" Damon questioned and the rest nodded.

"Yeah. She needs your blood."

Hayley wastes no time biting into her wrist and offering it to Freya to drink to heal her wounds. After a moment, Freya stops drinking and sighs in relief as she recovers from the attack

"You okay?" Hayley asks and Freya nods  "Kind of hard to ignore it when someone needs your help, huh?" She looks over to Jackson who just looks down to Freya.

"They took it. The Serratura." Freya groans. "I was meeting with a witch from the bloodline who built the lock. I was hoping she could help me destroy it, but it's not possible. She said the only way to get rid of it is to use it. We have to get it back and lock something else away. Anything but my family."

"Great. Why don't we pay Tristan a visit and ask him really, really nicely?" Hayley comments sighing in frustration.

"I'm getting sick of this dude!" Damon exclaims.

"I'm afraid we have a far more urgent problem." Elijah enters dramatically making everyone turn towards him.

"Well, to be fair, I am the prettiest urgent problem you have ever seen." Rebekah joins in behind Elijah.

"What's wrong with her?" Valeria asked.

"She's been cursed," Elijah informed.

"Let me take a look" Freya put her hand out and Rebekah went to sit next to her.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Everyone sat down waiting for Freya to say what was wrong with Rebekah while Alaric walked in with a plate of food for Valeria.

"What's going on?" He asked while he handed the plate to Valeria.

"Thanks," she said, taking it from him. "Freya got attacked and Rebekah is cursed"

"Give me the bad news, Doc." Rebekah sighed looking at Freya.

"Aya's stake was cursed. It infected you. As this mark grows, you will go mad. Left unchecked, you will become a relentless, unstoppable Ripper." Freya replied, letting her hand go.

"Keep Stefan away we don't need two rippers on the loose" Valeria commented making them chuckle.

"The Strix always employs a safeguard. In the event that we were successful at retrieving your body, you were cursed. You see, if one is on a rampage, one is not difficult to hunt" Elijah turns to Freya with a concerned expression "Can you fix this?"

Freya picks up the stake and examines it, nodding weakly.  "The spell is carved here. I can... I can reverse it. I  just... need some time... and a hell of a lot of magic."

Just then, Freya's eyes roll back into her head as she faints and collapses. Fortunately, Elijah is able to catch her before she falls to the ground, but Jackson and Hayley stand and rush over to her to check on her as Elijah deposits Freya's unconscious body on the couch next to Rebekah, who looks panicked.

"She was fine. Hayley healed her." Jackson said.

"This scratch is not healed. This is poison. This is an assassination attempt." Elijah reveals.

"Okay help me up" Valeria put her hand out and Alaric helped her up since he was the closest there.

"She's waking up!" Hayley exclaimed while Valeria checked freya's pulse.

"Are you okay?" Valeria questioned.

"I feel weak." Freya replied weakly.

"So, the Strix are fond of this slow-acting poison. There is an antidote... If I can get my hands on it." Elijah pulls out his phone and walks away to make a call, leaving the rest to continue to brainstorm. Freya reaches over and takes Rebekah's injured wrist into her hands as she addresses the others.