Four

As soon as I closed the door, the tears came like a tsunami.

What am I going to do? Who's going to pay my bills? Who's going to pay for my luxuries?

Most definitely not Maximilian Abelo. That man is a total nightmare. I bet you that this is just an act that he is pulling so I will fall for him then I will be his puppet.

The thing with Maximilian Abelo is that he is very over powering. He likes things to be according to him; even his relationships. He is a man of his word; when he says he will do something, he will do it. He is also very unpredictable. One minute, he's laughing and then the next, he could be your worst nightmare.

After what seemed like an eternity, I collected myself and started up the engine in my Ford Focus. Next stop: bed.

***

As soon as I got home, I kicked my shoes off my feet and winced when the wind slammed my door shut.

"I heard what happened," Roxana spoke as I rounded the corner.

"How did you get in here?!" I screamed, dropping my box and purse. It was only me who had the key to my apartment.

"Lately, you have been an emotional wreck. Think that I would leave you? Think again," Roxana smiled, her fringe getting in her eyes.

"You still haven't answered my question," I mumbled before bending down to pick up everything.

"Oh. Spare key. Under your mat,"

I should of known.

"Why did you reject Max's offer?" she questioned.

"I hate him," I sniffed as I glued my bottom to the chair by my kitchen island.

"No you don't. Come on, its been five years since you two broke up!"

"Yeah, we broke up for a reason," I spat, a small shudder running down my spine. Why does she always have to bring up the subject?

"Yeah but the past is in the past. You can't let that daunt you," she spoke so wisely.

Yes, I can't let the past daunt me. But the sinister actions will never be washed away. All the Neptune seas could be poured over him and he would still be dirty.

"Just drop it," I groaned before she could speak more of her persuasion. I wasn't in the mood.

"I'l make you food. Go and take a shower, you look like shit," Roxana hopped off the stool and rounded to my cupboards.

"Thanks fuck face," I mumbled before I padded up to my room.

***

"How was your shower?" Luke questioned as I entered my kitchen.

"Amazing, " I smiled but it never really reached my eyes.

"I made lasagne!" Roxana sang as she spun around with the saucepan in one hand and the wooden spoon in another.

"Why do you need a wooden spoon for?" I questioned, taking my seat.

She pushed the wooden spoon under the lasagne squares and placed them on the plate in front of me.

My mouth formed to an 'O' as I understood the use of a wooden spoon for lasagne.

"What are we going to do with fuck face Abelo?" Luke asked as he stuffed his face.

"Nothing, " I blew on the pasta as it was very hot.

"What do you mean, nothing?" Luke put down his fork.