13 | Run and Make Friends

BEFORE TESSARION STARTED LIVING WITH HUMANS EFFECTIVELY, the idea to celebrate Christmas and New Year (most of holidays, really) was strange

BEFORE TESSARION STARTED LIVING WITH HUMANS EFFECTIVELY, the idea to celebrate Christmas and New Year (most of holidays, really) was strange. She believed it to be an excuse for taking the day off and eating a lot — and she had nothing against it.

But now having spent them with her friends made her realize it was more than that. It brought people together in hope and happiness and she enjoyed the feeling greatly. She got way too hyped, especially for Christmas. Spending it with Natasha and Clint in 2012 lighted something in her. At the end of 2013, she focused all of her efforts to get the best presents, planning the month to do all american christmas traditions — which included making Natasha use a horrible sweater and building gingerbread houses with Lila and Cooper.

But she really didn't mind New Year. She understood now that it is a time of change and renewal, where people will often make plans and promises over the year to come.

But most of these said promises wouldn't come to be.

For example, she promised that she would dive right into becoming a morning person — that's not to say she didn't wake up early already, but she had been keen on enjoying it, doing it because she'd come to like awaking with the dawning sky and not because she was forced to do it.

The only problem was that this wasn't happening anytime soon.

She snapped her eyes open in rage, grabbing her ringing phone and almost tossing it across the room when she checked through the window to realize it was still dark.

Eyeing the screen groggily, narrowing her eyes to be able to read which spawn of Satan had the nerve to wake her before the sun even appeared. 

It was Steve, of course.

"If you aren't either dying or in a situation where someone could end up dead, you better start praying." She said, her voice raspy from sleep.

"Let's go for a run." Steve said from the other side

"You're so dead."

"Come on, Tessa."

"No. Wanna hear it in Portuguese? Não. Natasha gave me the day off and I'm planning on sleeping until lunchtime, thank you very much. Now bye." Tessarion took the device away from her ear, hanging up and laying face down on her pillow.

Five seconds later, the phone rang again. Tessarion screamed against the fabric before answering, her patience wearing thin. "Steven Grant Rogers, I swear on the Great Dragons, I will murder you!"

"If you don't come running with me, I'm telling Natasha you cheated on UNO last week."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"As I was saying, I'll be ready in 10. Meet you at the usual place?" She was up now, undressing while holding the phone with her cheek.