08 | The Battle of New York, Part 2

TESSARION MADE HER WAY TO STAND BEFORE THE TEAM as the Doctor slowly walked ahead

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve said from behind the dragoness, making the other man turn his head to them, smiling a little "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry."

Bruce hulked out while raising his fist, making direct contact with the worm's head with immense force, the limp body of the alien falling in the direction of the team when Tessarion raised her hands, sending a powerful wave of fire to the creature, effectively changing the course of the alien's falling body, protecting the people behind her.

Needless to say the Chitauri weren't happy. Their screeches polluted the air while the team gathered themselves in a circle, backs to each other, the Hulk roaring back at the aliens, Tessarion's fists clenched, fire dancing around them as she stood in between Natasha and Captain Rogers.

"Guys." Natasha warned, looking up to the sky, making the others raise their gaze: from the portal, more aliens emerged trailed by more of the flying giants.

"Call it, Captain." Tony said, Tessarion's eyes making their way to their defined leader.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the
perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash." Steve commanded, turning to them.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked Stark "Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Tony grabbed the agent by bis back and ascended to the air.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." The god was off the ground in no time.

"You and me, we stay here on the ground, we keep the fighting here. Tessarion, do you think you can deal with those things?" Steve points to the flying worms that were exiting the portal.

"Yeah, no biggie." The dragoness shrugged. Steve nodded, turning his attention to the green beast behind them: "And Hulk...smash."

Hulk grinned and jumped towards the buildings, grabbing and smashing the aliens in the concrete.

"Okay, I have to fly up there. Fight them before they get near the buildings. It will be easier for me as well, not having to worry about harming civilians." Tessarion said, walking away from the two humans to be able to transform without hurting them.

She rolled her shoulders and eyed the redhead, who nodded to the dragoness "If you die, I'll kill you" The brunette said, pointing a finger to the agent.

Natasha smiled a little "You couldn't. You like me too much." Said the agent, making the dragoness chuckle, initiating her transformation.

Within seconds, the dragon stood before them, roaring proudly and taking off to the sky.