12 | A Capsicle's Advice

LOVE WAS A FOREIGN CONCEPT FOR TESSARION

LOVE WAS A FOREIGN CONCEPT FOR TESSARION... AT LEAST THIS KIND OF LOVE.

She thought it mustn't be easy for everyone. It was an extremely strong feeling that could induce people to act recklessly, borderline stupidly. It could start and end wars, hurting so many others along the process.

But, first of all, it was a highly subjective thing.

She had been searching throughout books and the internet about love and there were more definitions than one.

According to Aristotle, 'love was an emotion felt by imperfect beings. Its core function was to lead humans to perfection'. Tessarion saw this as a beautiful but rather exaggerated thought. Passing to Plato, his whole work around love could be resumed to the word Eros, a Latin word that meant 'to desire with great love'. Tessarion thought this definition focused greatly on an erotic part of love and, even though she did desire Natasha, she was sure it was more than that.

Leaving the field of philosophy, she went to chemistry. Studies explained that love was something caused by a high flux of a series of chemical substances such as 'adrenaline, noradrenaline, phenylethylamine, dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins'. Tessarion stopped understanding after reading the first word. So, yeah, chemistry was a no-go.

So she went on the simpler method of consulting: the dictionary. According to it, love was 'a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.' Tessarion wrinkled her nose. It was too simple of an explanation for the storm of feelings inside of her.

To put it mildly, Tessarion had no fucking idea what she was doing or how to deal with these feelings, and her searches seemed to be mocking her.

She groaned, laying back on her bed. It had been a week since she realized that she was in love with Natasha. The brunette was trying her hardest not to change her behavior around the redhead and she believed she was having a success rate of 0 percent.

She would blush, stutter, sweat, and gaze in Nat's direction for way too long. She would lose her concentration and stumble around her own feet. And she felt like an idiot.

Today though, her awkwardness was locked down in a metal coffin. Tessarion had it handled. And also Natasha was out on a mission, so it wasn't that hard but she was proud of herself, okay?

She sighed deeply. What was she supposed to do?

Then it dawned on her. How could have she been so stupid?

She could talk to someone.

So she made a headcount: 

- Tony? Absolutely not. She would never hear the end of it. 

- Maybe Clint? They were good friends, spending a lot of time together on missions and visits to Barton's farm. Yeah, no. He was best friends with Natasha, so she couldn't ask him to keep this a secret from her.