"Y/n?"

Quickly, you turned to face whoever called you. An unexpected person waved her hand at you, a cup of coffee in her hand.

Without giving you time to react, she immediately reached your place, giving you a tight embrace. "Omg! It's been so long since I last saw you! You've become prettier!"

Tachibana Hinata, rather Hanagaki Hinata.

How should you react? You didn't know. You stood there like a statue, only staring at her.

Noticing this, Hinata smiled, pulling away. "Hey, I'm really sad when you just... you know, stopped talking to me, to us. And in the end, just stopped showing your face. We didn't even know that you moved and changed your career. I just... missed you so much!"

You averted your gaze, fingers playing with Ran's card.

To be honest, you don't know how to face and talk to her. Hinata didn't do anything wrong or anything to hurt you. In fact, she's the person who understands you. She was there to comfort you, yet you chose to leave her.

"I'm sorry... for not contacting you."

Hinata giggled, "You know, I was sad and hurt. I thought I did something wrong but all that disappeared when I saw you here. Why don't we grab some coffee first and talk to each other? Catching up?"

"Here's your order. One americano, Ma'am?"

"I'm sorry, Hina. I'm still in the middle of work. I'll just... I'll contact you when work is done."

Her eyes sparkled, "Really! Okay then."

And without looking back, you ran back to the company, regretting you ever agreed to talk.

"Here's your coffee."

Ran looked up at you, "What's wrong? You look... you look stressed, a lot more stressed than me."

"There's nothing wrong. Just focus on your work."

But instead, he did the opposite. He stood up from his chair and walked over your table, sitting on the edge. "Did something happen between you and Rindou? Did you fight?"

"You're so nosy."

"Woah. I just noticed how you weren't in the mood and you were late."

In annoyance, you closed your eyes and massaged the bridge of your nose. "I'm not in the mood so return to your table."

"It seems like you're forgetting that I'm the boss."

"But my work does not involve my personal life."

The corner of his lips rose, sipping on his coffee, "And I am also your best friend."

"Ran, please. I'm just tired and I have a hangover. Nothing major so just go back to your desk."

"Okay, fine," He chuckled, "How's my schedule?"

You grabbed one of the folders and flipped through the pages, "You'll have to attend a shoot."

"Shooting?"

"Obviously."

He scratched his head. "Just cancel it. I'm not in the mood and also I told Aimi I'll have lunch with her so you can go ahead and leave work early. Go on a date with Rindou or rest."

"Sure?"

Ran stopped walking to look at you through his shoulder, "Sure."

You planted your head on your desk, releasing a long sigh. Seriously, you seriously need a day's rest. The week has been exhausting. Everyone is exhausting.