Loki and your newborn

It was hard to think that only two weeks ago you had brought your little bundle of joy into existence. Through hours of pain and labour, finally, your baby girl was brought into the world kicking and screaming, as if to show off how much of a fight she was willing to put up. And she had proven that point, many times; in her reluctancy to fall asleep, and her inability to let you or Loki relax for five minutes. But it was all worth it. For, when Alex did smile and laugh, it radiated throughout the house, and made you and Loki the proudest parents ever. She had made yours and Loki's life and marriage complete. You now had a family. A beautiful one at that. As you looked down into your arms you saw your babbling ball of delight, and lack of sleep, reach up to try and grab at your nose, but she couldn't quite reach, so you leant your head down within her reach, where she gurgled appreciatively, and held onto your ears in an attempt to chew your nose. You smiled. She was perfect. Just so. From her tiny hands, to her tiny toes; and her emerald eyes to her thin brown hair.

You heard Loki chuckle from behind you, and Alex tried to raise her head to see where her fathers voice was coming from. "How are my two beautiful girls?" You stood up and winced a little, your head wasn't hurting this much earlier, Loki wasn't supposed to hear that. A look of concern quickly shot across his face, as he began to make his way to you. "Darling, what's wrong?" You smile and lean into his touch as he brings his hand up to cup your cheek, "Nothing, Loki-" "There's clearly something wrong y/n, and you know that there's no point in lying or arguing with me." He had a point, you would just delay the inevitable. You rolled your eyes and sighed. "I'm just not feeling to great today. My head is hurting, and my stomach feels... weird." You looked into his sorrowful eyes, as he leant forward to kiss you on the forehead. "Here, I'll take the baby, and you can go and rest, have a lay down." Loki said as you handed him Alex, who squirmed between the exchange.

Loki cradled the baby in one arm while stroking your cheek with the hand of the other. "But I ha-" "I love you. Now, go and get some rest. I'll take care of every thing. I promise." He kissed you lightly on the forehead and smiled, as he knew that he had won, yet again, and Alex smiled too- she then looked at you, and oh how her eyes went straight through you; you shook your head and bent down to kiss Alex lightly, and then straightened up to kiss Loki. "I love you too. And thank you, Loki, for everything." He kissed you back and said, "Anything for you y/n. And I must also thank you for being there for me in my time of need, and bringing our family into existence." You blushed a little, and then stole one last kiss off of Loki. "Careful, you might give me the cooties!" You then gave him and Alex one last hug before ascending the stairs, and heading into your bedroom. You just collapsed straight onto your bed, no covers needed, and you were still in your pyjamas from earlier, so you began to drift off into a welcome embrace of unbroken sleep. **** When you woke, you found that the world outside your window was now a peaceful twilight, while your room was illuminated with the soft glow of the table side lamp.

You sat up and removed the covers from on top of you. You don't remember falling asleep with the lamp on, or underneath the blankets. You smiled to yourself. Loki. You stood up and stretched, where was he anyway? You tiptoed down the stairs and you saw Loki holding your baby and singing a lullaby. You couldn't stop smiling, he was such a perfect father and husband. He had not yet noticed you, so you just stood at the bottom of the stairs, listening to his soft voice and the occasional gurgle from Alex. Loki's voice soon began to fade out as Alex stopped gurgling, she was falling asleep. From this point it took no longer than two minutes for Loki to stop singing and humming altogether. You saw a smile creep onto his face, as did one yours, and he turned around to face you. "Oh. Sleeping beauty finally rises from her eternal slumber..." Loki placed a soft kiss upon your lips. "And as another subsides to it." You say kissing him back. Alex made a soft clicking sound with her mouth, as she often does in her sleep, drawing your attention to her. Loki handed you Alex and you kissed her forehead lightly, before rocking her gently in the crook of your arms.

"How are you feeling?" You advert your gaze from Alex as Loki holds you chin gently. "Much better Loki, thank you." You say smiling. "How long did I sleep for anyway?" "A whole seven hours my love." "What!" You would have raised your voice, had the baby not been sleeping in your arms. "Loki I'm so sorry! I had-" Loki kissed you, silencing you, "Don't worry y/n. You clearly needed the sleep. And I sorted everything out. Now, if your hungry, we can put Alex down for a while and have some dinner, it's almost ready." You were smiling uncontrollably, perfect, just perfect. You were not aware of the aroma that filled the room before, but now it was nothing other than obvious. "That sounds great, Loki. Thank you. I'll be two minutes." "Oh, no need, I was planning to bring it up to you." He says, also smiling. "Loki there's no ne-" "I've got dessert!" Loki points toward the kitchen, where you see several pots of ice cream, a large chocolate cake, and three posts of cream waiting. Your mouth drops open, you then shake your head. "What have I done to deserve this." You say in a whispered voice, you didn't just mean the food, but everything good that Loki has ever done for, or given to you. He put one arm across your shoulders, and with the thumb of the other hand, and a thumb on your cheek. All the while looking deep into your eyes. Loki then kissed you, deeply, but softly. "Everything, my love. Everything."