“Yikes! I guess all Humphries minus that guy I guess...oh well! That is just natural selection working.” The Humphrey simply leaned back and enjoyed the water, “If you want, perhaps you can get more Humphries to make a little bridge for yourself! I am sure they wouldn’t mind.”

“...Okay. Thanks.” Hero really didn’t know how to respond. Everything here was just way too weird for him.

Further ahead was Mari, who waved them over to sit down with her.

“Hey, everyone! How have you guys been?” She asked.

“Exhausted.” Hero admitted truthfully, feeling like he had been hit by a truck.

“Meh.” Aubrey looked away, not in the mood to talk to Mari but knowing she had no choice.

“Good question! Have no idea!” Kel finger gunned at her.

Gee Kel, that isn’t concerning at all.

“I understand, emotions can be hard to figure out sometimes. Especially when you are busy.” Mari nodded in understanding.

The group sat down and took a breather. Hero closed his eyes for a bit, hoping that when he opened them again they wouldn’t be trying to fall back down. Was it even possible to take a nap in a dream? He didn’t know but maybe he shouldn’t find out. The voice hasn’t tried anything else yet but it could come back at any time. Seeing what it did to Kel he can tell it probably wasn’t pleasant to not be in control of his own body.

“...Hey, as it ever felt like you forgot something important but you can’t put your finger on it?” Mari suddenly spoke up, breaking his thought process. He opened his eyes feeling way more relaxed than earlier. Perhaps that is a good thing.

“Eh, only sometimes.” Aubrey shrugged, not seeing where the conversation was going.

“Almost all the time with School assignments. Super annoying to keep track of.” Kel sighed, remembering how late he turned some assignments in last year.

“Nah, I make sure to write almost everything down. It helps.” Hero stated, having a feeling where this was leading up to.

“Huh. I feel like I have forgotten something but I just can’t remember no matter how hard I try.” Mari sighed, looking down at her picnic blanket with...an emotion Hero can’t describe shining in her eyes.

“Hey, I mean! If you forgot it couldn’t have been that important! Your memory is normally super good with that kind of stuff!” Kel tried to brighten her mood.

“Omori, it seems you have forgotten something important. Are you okay with that?”

Hero remembered Mari’s words to them, speaking about how Sunny has forgotten something important. Did this Mari perhaps forget something important as well, or was it something small like Kel stated. It would make sense considering Mari didn’t like forgetting anything at all.

“Still, I don’t like having this blank feeling. It feels important as well…” Mari groaned as she closed her eyes, “C’mon brain! Work!”

“Well, do you remember anything surrounding what you forgot?” Hero decided to ask, deciding to help out.

“Um, I think it has to do with why we are even here in the first place,” Mari motioned to everything, “I mean, we wouldn’t just enter here without a reason.”

“...We came in here looking for Basil. You remember Basil, right?” Aubrey tilted her head, nervousness showing on her face.

Hero felt his breath get stuck in his throat as the air became deathly still. Mari’s face looked like she was paused in time, her eyes empty and devoid of emotion.