45

"Hiiiii!" Tanya squealed, beaming with happiness seeing her friend after a long break of a week. They had only one conversation when on the vacation, which was on the day of Diwali. Otherwise, Sana was always occupied to have any time left to connect with her over a call. Sana smiled seeing her jumping and running towards her. Though there was an awkward smile, with the gazes on them. The onlookers looked with a gaze unfathomable as they met at the most crowded metro station, Rajeev Chowk. Tanya lunged herself into her arms, squeezing her tight into her embrace.

"I missed you yaar!" Tanya exclaimed still holding her tight in her arms, swaying her sidewise. Sana smiled at her friend. She was grateful to the almighty for blessing her with the best people, even if they meant only a few. Tanya has been that friend to her, the friend in thicks and thins. A little crazy and a lot more fun, she definitely added a lot of value to her otherwise not-so-happening life. Like the fresh breeze making everything feel a little better.

"Hi dear friend!", Sana sneered, knowing well what would come next.

"Jaa yaar tu, mere pyaar ke layak hi nahi hai tu. Maine itna bola, itna bhaag bhaag kar aayi tere pass ek dum full on filmy reunion and all I get is a sada sa Hi. Tu apna hi apne pass rakh. Mood hi off kar diya", Tanya complained breaking the hug. Sana laughed, getting exactly what she was anticipating- a filmy dramatic act.

"Maine tujhe yaad toh nahi kiya, but still I missed you. Ab khush" Sana remarked. Tanya shrugged her hand away that was holding her arm, and left to stand at the cross, which was the sign for the door. Sana followed her shaking her head in disbelief. She really was a personality in her.

"Abhi kya hua. Maine itna payara I miss you bola, or tu mujhe chod kar aa gayi. Not good!", Sana stated, walking inside the metro, rather crawling inside. It was a lot crowded to take a walk inside. They were pushed and pressed inside and let to have a space to put their feet in position.

"Bola but jaise maine tujhe force kiya ho. Jaa yaar mujhe bhi pata hai tune bas apne Sidharth ko miss kiya hoga", she said with a lopsided smile that made her blush and turns away with the reddest face of all. These remarks were more vehement now that she had realized the way her system worked because of him, whether it was him or his name. It was unique and unprecedented. She was not and has not been exposed to the types of feelings that she possesses now.

"See see. This red face speaks all. Tujhe pyaar wyaar toh nhi ho gya na professor ji se", Tanya continued with the teasing. She saw a few people look at them, as Tanya being her was quite loud. The heat on her cheeks was augmented pigmenting her cheeks all the more.

"Shh...chup reh. Kuch bhi bolna. Aisa kuch nahi hai", she flipped her away. Tanya shrugged her shoulders, chuckling at the face that spoke otherwise.

*******

"Sidharth, beta lunch le jaa. Tujhe time lag jaata hai, college mein canteen mein mat khana. Or han do boxes hai. Sana se mile toh use bhi de dena, usko bhi toh ghar ki yaad aati hogi. Mujhe pata hai usne mujhe mana kar diya yeh bol kar ki mess ka khana acha hai, par mujhe bhi pata hai mess wagera ka khana kaisa hota hai", Sunaina ji instructed Sidharth, handing two boxes loaded with flavoursome dishes enclosed within. Sidharth smiled and nodded at her, taking the boxes and stuffing it in his bag. He wondered if he would meet her this morning. Since he was late as his lectures would be starting at 10, and he was unsure about her time. He somehow wished to meet her, but the wish soon died down as heard the ladies of the building not leaving a chance to malign the girl who was anything but what they talked about.

"She was young, or aapko toh pata hi aaj kal young bachon ke hormones, how they work" he heard someone say and, to say the very least, he was enraged, but reacting to it would only mean he was putting her deeper into a pit of dirt, so he kept quiet and left. He could have replied, but he thought it over and over and realized that replying would have meant agreeing to their stupid remarks. He refuses to acknowledge them.