Hero sighed as well. He should have expected that.

He looked at Omori who’s been silent this whole time. His eyes were empty as always but Hero could tell he had many thoughts on his mind.

He was currently comforting Kel who was practically curled upon himself. Hero only has seen him like that a few times but seeing Kel like this. It hurts.

He put his hand on Kel’s back and rubbed.

Kel seemed to relax at that moment as Aubrey sat up off the ground. She turned towards them and joined the pile they seemed to unconsciously make.

The pile was full of tears but it was comforting.

~~~~~~

Basil sat in black space. He was laying on the floor as the voice had disappeared again. He silently wondered if that weird shadow version of him was still around.

He heard footsteps from behind him and he quickly turned around.

His eyes widened at the sight and he felt his pulse quicken.

“Hello, Basil.” She spoke.

nonononononoNoNoNoNoNONONONO

He began backing away in fear as horror took hold of him.

“You're not real. You’re not real. You’re not real. You can’t be-” He began to panic.

He can’t breathe he can’t-

His body shook as Mari wrapped her arms around Basil. Her body was cold but her hug made him feel warm as tears poured from his eyes.

“I don’t- I don’t deserve- I can’t-” He couldn’t speak. He couldn’t find what to say to her.

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay,” she whispered into his ear.

He blinked and the warmth disappeared. Mari wasn’t in sight at all.

Was that a hallucination?

Had he finally lost it?

He couldn’t tell.

“Everything will be okay...right?”

~~~~~~

Omori let out a soundless sigh as the warmth from the pile heated his body.

Everyone had too many thoughts swimming in their mind and if things continue as they are, nothing was going to get done.

He needed to do something.

He looked towards Hero and grabbed his shirt, giving it a tiny tug.

Hero looked towards him with a confused look before Omori pointed to the exit of where they were, hoping to signal that he wanted to continue. Hero looked at where he was pointing before nodding.

“Guys, are you ready to go?” He asked Kel and Aubrey who still looked like they were processing.

“Mmm…” Both Aubrey and Kel groaned.

“If it makes you feel better we can talk tomorrow morning about it.” Hero decided. They definitely were going to anyway.

Omori, however, doesn’t plan on letting Sunny join that conversation.

Ḧ̶̳̖́e̴͖͖̽̃ ̷̣͝d̷̺̟̅e̶̲̟͐̎s̴̝̓ȩ̴͆r̷̳̒v̴̥̲̇e̸͎͍̓s̶͖͍͐ ̷̤̙͊̀ṫ̷͓̗ȯ̴̜ ̶̘̰͂b̷̲̐ẽ̴͉ ̵ͅå̵͚͌l̷̃͜o̷͔̜͠n̶͍̭̉̍e̷͇̊.̸͙ ̵̼͜Ḩ̸͖̔ȩ̷̕ͅ ̸̛͉̭ṡ̵͚͜h̴̜͗̄o̶͕͂ů̶̝͐l̵̹̫̎̊d̶̮̩̾͠ñ̶̪̱'̴͉̐t̵̨̘̊ ̸̳b̶̜̜͑e̷͎̜̔͝ ̸̥͘͠â̵̧͜l̶̘̋ḽ̵̟̎͝o̴̢̭̽̾w̴̖̉͜ẻ̵̩̞ḑ̶͕͊̔ ̷̭̈ṫ̴̜̉͜o̴̙̻͗͠ ̶̪̾b̸͈͎̑͝e̸̟̜͠ ̶͎̎͠w̴̭͛i̶͓̱̓t̶͙̊̉h̶͉͒̏ ̷͎̈́ẗ̶͚h̸̡̻͒͝ẻ̶͎͕̍m̵͗͜͠ ̴͙̅̄͜ă̵̲͜ḟ̴̫͔t̵̢̊͊ẽ̸̱̻r̸̗̍͝ ̷̮̬͌ẃ̶͚̜ẖ̸͔̆͌ą̷͘t̸̮͑ ̴̡̖̽̐h̴͈̀̋e̵̯̍̉ ̵̩͓͗͘d̸̖͍́i̸̲̼͒ḑ̶̝́͘.̵̛͇̓

The whole group groaned as they separated from the pile and brushed the dirt off their clothes. Mari had a conversation for tomorrow. Right now, they needed to find Basil.

They walked outside the tower they were in and looked around.

They were underwater with a road leading on what looked to infinity. Taxis were on the road, waiting for people to come to them as if to drive them into the void. On the group's right was a toll booth that had a gator in control of it, though he seemed to be sleeping.

Hero motioned for everyone to follow him as he approached the gator and poked it. It shot up and began looking around, “HUh? Who’s there!?” his eyes landed on the group.

“Um hello sir, we were wondering if you have seen anybody with green hair wearing a flower crown?” Hero politely asked.

“Hmm, green hair and flower crown? Nope, haven’t seen anyone like that at all. Sorry.” The gator shrugged.

“O-Oh? Um, do you know any good places to look? We really want to find our friend…” Kel nervously twirled his fingers.

“I’d try the Last Resort. The place is always filled with people, despite still being built. If he ain’t there then come back here and pay the toll. He should be around here somewhere.” The gator calmly instructed.

“Thank you, sir! We’ll let you know if we find him!” Hero grinned.

The gator nodded, “Yeah, yeah. Have fun kids…” The gator put his head down and fell back asleep.

Guess they were now on their way to the Last Resort.