Quixotic

Quixotic: not sensible about practical matters.

Azalea's POV
After swimming for a while, we all decided to get lunch. I slipped some shorts over my swimsuit bottoms, but didn't put anything over the top. It's Miami, a lot of people walk around in bikinis.

"So, where should we go?" I asked.

"River and Cove are in line at a barbecue place right now, they said the line is super long so we can just get in with them once we're there," Millie answered.

I nodded to show I heard her and slipped on my shoes. "Is anyone going to stay here and save our spot?"

"I can stay, just bring me back ribs please," Stella volunteered.

"Okay." Once everyone was ready, we started walking in the direction of all the stores.

"I'm pretty sure I know where the place is, I saw it when I was looking for rental car places," Bea announced.

"And you remember where it is?" Asked Millie.

"Yes because it's only a few blocks away from the rental cars, and I made sure that I know exactly where the rental car are."

"Alright, if you say so."

Bea lead us towards the restaurant, and we blindly followed. I couldn't help but stare down at her, taking in her beauty. Standing behind her, I get a perfect view of her perfectly braided hair and mostly exposed back from the small bikini top she's wearing.

Just from rubbing her back in the water, I felt how soft and smooth her skin is. It's very out of character for me to even touch someone that I barely know, but something took over me when I saw her coughing and struggling to catch her breath.

I really need to stop acting so irrationally, it only ever hurts me in the end. Nothing good comes from liking someone that you've barely met this immensely, but could she be different?

My thoughts started to trail off to the girl I liked over a year ago, Gracie. It's been so long since she broke my heart, but the pain still affects me. I thought the same thing about her, that maybe she was different. But I was wrong. I don't like being wrong.

For as long as I can remember, my life has been full of control. I've had control over everything, everyone. But now I realize that there are things that I can't control, and that kind of scares me. Girls and how people feel about me is one of those things.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Millie asked as we got farther away from the main shopping mall, instead going towards a less populated area.

"Yes I'm pretty sure," Bea answered confidently. "The rental cars are right there, see?"

Just like she said, a building ahead of us had big letters on the front reading "RENTAL CARS."

"Okay, whatever you say Bea."

"I just need to remember which direction we go from here," Bea half said to herself as we passed the building.

"I think left? Yeah left." Trusting her, we turned left and started walking down a sidewalk. We passed a couple of houses and a small park.

"Bea, this looks more like a neighborhood," I said after almost 10 minutes of walking. "Are you sure we're going the right way?"

"I was thinking the same thing.." Millie agreed.

"Maybe this is the wrong way, we
might've supposed to have turned right. I just thought it was left," Bea frowned.

"We've been walking the wrong way?" I asked, a bit impatiently.