"You could've helped me with something." Malayah complained angrily, as she fastened Kaylani into her car seat.

"Here." I turned the keys in the ignition, getting ready to take them out. "You want me to buckle her in?"

"Nope. I'm done now." She slammed the door and walked up to the passenger seat.

now if I was to pull off on her ass i'd be wrong.

"Daddy, look! Mommy got me chiken nuggets." Lani bragged excitedly, trying to show me her Happy Meal box.

"Lemme get one."

"No, Da. I only got one." She moved the box, as if I was going to take her food away from her.

"My fault. Imma keep my hands away from you and yo four lil chicken nuggets." I stopped at a crosswalk and put my hands up in defense.

"Brandon, where you taking us?" Malayah sighed with her arms over her chest.

"To find out who the hell told you to slam my shit like that."

"Brandon." She closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Girl, calm the hell down. Whatchu always so mad for?" I looked over at her, squinting my eyes. "Be mad at the world for no reason."

"Daddy, Cocomelon playing. No talking." Lani put her finger over her mouth, shushing me."

"Where we going?" Malayah questioned again, this time much calmer.

"The mall. We finna get Lani some more clothes, since you said she growing outta her other ones."

"Better had told me." She said, bucking at me.

"I only told you because you looked mad and shit, and I know you beat on niggas, so I spared yo ass cus' we would've been innis ho fighting."

"No, you know better and you listen when spoken to." She looked over at me, speaking cockily.

"Watch out. I'll do yo shit in right now."

"So rock it." She shifted in her seat and threw her hands up."

"Not in front'a my daughter. Ion want her seeing her momma getting whooped."

"No, you don't wanna get whooped in front of yo daughter, boy." She said putting an emphasis on 'you' .

"I close my eyes." Lani spoke up and covered her eyes, as she encouraged her momma.

"Wow, mama. You gone be on her side?" I chuckled, looking at her through the rear-view mirror.

"No, Da." She shook her head. "I team mommy and daddy. But, I team mommy now."

"Period, baby." Malayah turned around and placed a big kiss on Lani's cheek.

"This mothafucka too damn packed." I looked around and parked my car in an empty parking spot.

"So c'mon." Malayah spoke, taking Lani out her carseat. "I'm not trying to be in here all day."

———————