Choose your starter! Part 2

Squirtle

I was walking around my block, getting a jog in for the day. Since my sixth birthday, I've been determined to keep myself in my best shape for when I get my starter Pokemon. I will always try and do my best. No holding back. That way I can be sure to pick a compatible Pokemon as a starter. I adjusted my hat and walked to the gym. Maybe if I watch other trainers, I can pick up a thing or two from them and their Pokemon. I set my bag comfortably back on my shoulder and opened the doors to the gym of Cerulean City. I heard the gym leader, Misty, was really nice to new trainers. I wonder if she could help me? Maybe if she isn't busy, she could help me and catch a Pokemon for me! I know it's sounds weird, but I don't have any Pokemon, I need Pokemon to battle and catch more Pokemon, and she has Pokemon. Maybe she'd understand? I walked up the wooden board walk, past the other trainers that were battling in the gym. Watching them was actually really fascinating. "Bulbasaur, use razor leaf!" A green grass type Pokemon used an attack that threw fast spinning leaves at the gym trainer's Pokemon. "Piplup, use bubble beam!" The water type Pokemon shot a white laser of bubbles at the small grass type, but it didn't seem very effective. I already knew that water was weak to grass, grass was weak to fire, and fire was weak to water, but I still wasn't very educated about the huge selection of other types. As I was watching the battle that the challenger was winning, I didn't notice the person walking up behind me and jumped when they tapped me on the shoulder. "Oh, haha, sorry for scaring you! Are you looking for someone?" I turned around and saw a girl with orange hair in a short side pony, yellow crop-top, blue denim shorts, red suspenders, and sneakers. She seemed nice and her blue eyes seemed warm and kind. "Uh, yeah. I'm [Y/n]. I don't really have a Pokemon and I thought the gym leader here could help. Do you know where Misty is?" She laughed and nodded. "Yeah, you're looking at her? Sure, I can help! I actually have some Pokemon that you can use!" She walked down some stairs and motioned me to follow. She took me to a room that sort of resembled a fish tank. It had glass walls that showed water all around us. Swimming around us were tons of water type Pokemon. There were Goldeen, Magicarp, Feebas, Gyarados, and I think I even saw a Vaporeon! It was amazing! She saw me looking around and smiled. "Here, I have three basic level training Pokemon that I caught so I could practice with other types, though water types are still my specialty! I actually haven't used these yet, so you can have one!" She handed me three poke balls and I chose one. I felt so happy and excited I thought I would explode! I pressed the button and release the one I chose. There was a red flash of light and a blue, green and brown turtle-like Pokemon appeared. Based off of its colors, I guessed it was a water type. "Squirtle Squirtle!" It smiled and and crawled up to me. "Aww~ you chose Squirtle!" Misty smiled and looked at me as the Pokemon hugged my leg. "I think you two will get along great. I think you chose the perfect starter for you!" I smiled and picked up the Pokemon. I hugged him and said, "yeah, I guess I did!"