Choose your starter! Part 1

Charmander
I walked through my hometown of Saffron City. My belt of poke balls securky around my waist. I had a whole bag full of things like potions, full heals, escape ropes, and poke berries, paralysis heal, burn heal, and anti-venom, but I didn't have a Pokemon yet. I had to admit, I was beginning to feel hopeless. I was already [Y/a] and I still didn't get an invitation from the pokemon lab to get my starter. Just as I was walking towards a patch of tall grass, I heard someone call out to me. "[Y/a]! Hey [Y/a]! Don't go in there! Wait up!" It was [Y/f/N]! I waved and said, "Hey [Y/f/N]. What's up?" "You can't go in the tall grass, [Y/n]! You don't have a Pokemon yet!" "But [Y/f/N], I don't even have a starter yet. Let's face it, I'm never gonna get my chisen Pokemon from the lab. Maybe if I get lucky I'll catch one off guard in the grass." [Y/f/N] shook {H/H} head and put their hands in my shoulders. "No, no, no, [Y/n]! You got a invitation for a special meeting with Sabrina the psychic gym leader! She's gonna get you your starter and help you train it!" I was speechless. The mistress of psychic Pokemon is gonna get me my starter?! This is amazing! "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I nearly shouted, and took off running. We arrived at the gym and [Y/f/N] ushered me inside and ran back out, waiting by the doors. Then I saw Sabrina walk up to me, holding three poke balls. Her beautiful black hair and pink eyes sparkled and gave her a regal appearance. "Hello [Y/n]. I understand that you don't have a starter Pokemon yet." I sheepishly nodded ad she continued, smiling softly. "Well today, I brought you here to fix that. Here I have three of the main choices for starter Pokemon. Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle." She held up the three poke balls for me to choose. I couldn't believe this was happening! Which should I choose? I slowly reached my hand forward and closed my eyes as they wrapped around one. I pulled back to see I had chosen charmander. I opened the poke ball and the small fire Pokemon popped out. It smiled at me and climbed onto my shoulder, purring. I giggled and heard Sabrina let out a small laugh. "Alright then [Y/n], shall we get to training?"