Chapter Twenty Four

Começar do início

For now, moments like these are enough. Moments we feel peace within the comfort of each other's presence. He is my serenity, and I know that I'm his too.

After about twenty minutes, and the sun started to sink lower and lower towards the horizon leaving a pastel path in its trail, Harry finally let go of my hand to start his car and began to drive out of the lot.

At this point, I've been at Harry's house enough times to know how to get there from our school, so when Harry made a left out of the lot rather than a right, I broke the calming silence we sat in by asking him where we were going.

"Just a small detour before dinner," was all he responded with.

"Well how long is this detour? Isn't your family gonna be waiting for us? I don't want to keep them waiting." The last thing I'd want to do was keep his family sitting there waiting for us to show up.

"Don't worry, we'll probably only be away for half an hour. And my mum still has to cook dinner, so we won't be keeping them waiting." He continues driving down a familiar road, I just can't quite seem so put my finger on its familiarity.

"Okay," I sigh, feeling better knowing that we're not needed at his house in the next half an hour. "So, what's the detour?"

"You, darling, will just have to wait and see." Harry took his eyes off the road for a second to look at me and smile, then reached over the console to grab my hand that was resting on my thigh. I laced our fingers together and returned his smile, still wondering where we were gonna end up that would only take us thirty minutes, but not bothering to ask again. I know Harry, and I know he won't tell me. I've grown used to these antics by now.

It didn't take much longer for me to know what street we were headed down, and once we turned into the lot, my guess was confirmed.

We were back at Peninsula Park.

Harry parks the car, and the two of us strip from our gowns and toss them into the backseat, leaving me in my white dress and Harry in his button down black shirt and pants. We walk towards the main pathway, stopping for a moment just to take in the view.

It has been some time since we've been here, but it's just as beautiful as ever. Especially now with the sun setting and casting its colors over the greenery. The lamp posts that were scattered around the pathways were beginning to light up, adding a comforting ambiance to the scene.

 The lamp posts that were scattered around the pathways were beginning to light up, adding a comforting ambiance to the scene

"What are we doing here? It's gonna close soon." I say, knowing that this park is only open from dawn until dusk.

Harry grabs my hand and pulls me along towards the closest bench before he sits down and smiles up at me with wide, happy eyes.

"C'mon, sit. Watch the sun with me."

He eagerly pats the empty space on the bench motioning for me to join him, which of course I do. And as I sit down next to him, my chest fills with warmth and I can't hold back the smile that forms. I close the space between us, wrapping my arm around his bicep and letting my head fall to rest on his shoulder. Harry kisses the top of my head before leaning his cheek against me and we just sit in silence and watch the sun disappear behind the trees, and eventually disappear from the sky entirely.