Still trying to question a depressed teen. Still failing.

Start from the beginning

He walked into the living room and handed Sunny the drink before sitting down.

Sunny looked at Aubrey and proceeded to shrug, “I don’t know either.”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T KNOW!?” She shouted in shock.

“Aubrey! Calm down! Please?” Kel yelled at her.

“UGH! Seriously though! How could you not know!? It is literally your mind!” Aubrey almost ripped out parts of her hair with how hard she was pulling it.

“I’m sorry…” Sunny looked down in shame.

“Fuckin bullshit…” Aubrey grumbled before she began walking in circles in hopes of smothering out her anger doing something else.

“Dude, if you don’t know where he is and he doesn’t know where he is, does that mean he is like, trapped in limbo in your mind?” Kel randomly spoke.

“Hope not. That would be terrifying.” Hero sighed.

“Hey Sunny,” Aubrey turned to the boy, “Are you sure you don’t know anything about your violin?”

“I don’t know where it is.” Sunny nodded.

“Are you sure you didn’t leave it in the closet?” Kel asked.

“...Yes…” Sunny once again found the floor interesting.

“Sunny, may I ask one more question? Last one I swear.” Hero asked.

“S-Sure…” Sunny nodded.

“So you don’t remember owning a toy box, do you remember owning a closet?” Hero asked.

“Hero are you serious I just asked-” “I don’t remember owning a closet…ever….” Sunny admitted.

Everyone proceeded to look at him in shock as he nervously fiddled with his fingers.

“...Thank you for answering my question, Sunny.” Hero sighed.

That would explain why the closet isn’t visible. Why would he forget the closet though?

“You do have a closet though? I was just dragged into it!” Aubrey looked confused.

“I don’t remember having one.” Sunny shrugged, not really seeing why him not having a closet is important. He never had one anyway.

“Dude! We literally stored all of our board games in there!” Kel tried to make him remember.

“I don’t remember at all...” Sunny looked more confused, “I swear I never owned a closet.”

“Yes! You did!” Aubrey shouted, frustrated at the boy.

She got up and shook Sunny by the shoulders aggressively, “YOU HAVE A CLOSET! I WAS JUST DRAGGED INTO IT! HOW STUPID IS THAT BRAIN OF YOURS!?”

“Aubrey! Stop! You might hurt him!” Kel shouted.

Sunny just looked at her with more confusion and fear. He doesn’t want to be here. He shouldn’t be here.

“T̷͚͝h̵̥̐͑͜ȅ̷̠̑ỵ̵̾ ̵̏̍͜h̸̢̕ȁ̷͖̀ͅt̵̻͒̈ȇ̶͍ ̷̰͆̕y̵̺o̶̮̱͠u̵̙͜͠.̴̧̲̾ ̵̰̄Ǧ̷̝o̴͚̙̊̔ ̷̜̿͝i̷̳̝͠ṇ̴͉͝t̸͔̃ọ̶̰͛̂ ̸̳͘ȳ̴̡ȯ̴͈ú̸̡͠r̶̹̜̒ ̸̛͇͚̅r̷̢̥͊͠ô̶̲̈́o̶̱͗m̷̨̄͂ ̷̡̙̈́a̴̘̩̔n̵̰͓̑̊d̴̨̪̓͝ ̸̡̱̀̕n̶̫͍͐e̶̞̓v̶̻̻̈e̷͉̎̈́ȓ̷̡̲̃ ̵͕̦͝ļ̷͎̂̏e̴̠̩͌ǎ̴̧͒v̷̡̈́͆e̶͍̥̿.̶̳̝͒̕ ̴̳̮̏Ǐ̵̘͐ț̸͚̐̋ ̴̗̌͠i̷̳͗s̶͉̓̽ ̶̙͚̽b̵͖͕͋̉ȩ̸͆̋ẗ̶͎́t̷̜͘e̷̥̕r̷̛̺ ̶͚̙̒̽f̵̜͍͑͑ỏ̸̫r̶̥̉̅ ̷̧̠̏̉e̷̦͒͗v̶͓͂e̸̘̝͂r̸̦͊͠ͅy̴͕̅o̸̦͛n̸̰͂ë̷͙́͘.̴͔͗”

“Aubrey! Let go of him!” Hero commanded, seeing the fear in Sunny’s eyes.

Aubrey released Sunny reluctantly and he took this chance to dash to his room.

“SUNNY!”

“Damn it!”

“Wait, Sunny-!”

Aubrey berated herself. Why does she have to be so violent with everything? She should have just let Sunny speak.

Sunny slammed his bedroom door shut. He put his back against the door and sat down, curling in on himself.

“G̶̤̈́ȯ̸̯ò̶̭̃ď̸̳̠.̶͉͔͋ ̸̡̽͠Ỳ̸̗̑ǫ̵̰̓u̸̙̥͆ ̶̨͑ͅș̶̠̉̚h̸̢͎͊o̶̺̚͜ǔ̵͕̘l̷̩̲̿d̸̝͊̔ ̵̛̘l̴͚̹̑i̶̡̪̋̕s̸̗̒t̴̬̽̔e̴̤̥̓ṋ̸͛ ̸̪̓͠ť̶̪o̶͚̪̔ ̵́͋͜m̵̜͖͂e̷̱͋̓ ̷̢̌̅m̵̖̀̈́ǫ̶͓̈́̏r̴͔̐̾ȇ̷̟ ̶̨̙̄ö̴̻́̈́f̶͖̎t̶̟̙͌̊ë̸̠̠́̈n̴͎ͅ.̶̡̅̒ ̷̮̆͆I̴͇͝ ̷͙̆͛k̵̠̋͑n̴̤̚o̴̳͇̓̈́w̸͈͇͋ ̶̟͑b̷͉͇ė̶͙̯s̴̙̖͒̋ṫ̵̯̟ ̶͙̇̋a̶͈͑f̸͈̋̕t̶̥͑e̷̘̠̕͝r̴̩̺̍ ̴̪͑̕a̴͙̿ͅḷ̵̗̌l̷͔͋͂.̵͕̖͋̄”

...Why did he ever think he would be good enough for them?

~~~~~~

“Do not be afraid.” The man who looked like him spoke. His body was made of pure black and the only thing allowing Basil to see him was the white glow surrounding him like a highlighter.

“W-Who are you?” Basil asked, shaking in fear.

“I am, not fully, but a giant part of a thing known as The Truth. Something your friend has long forgotten.”

“Wh-What?” Basil felt like he was in for a large explanation.

“Sit down. This may be a long one.” The stranger sat on the ground, confirming Basil’s suspicion.

What fun this was going to be.