Pyrefly Forest Pt3

Start from the beginning

It felt unnerving. He hopes to god he is just being paranoid but something tells him that isn’t the case.

The minecart made a sudden stop and everyone proceeded to crawl out.

“Ow...my legs feel cramped…” Kel complained.

“I can’t even feel my legs…” Aubrey muttered.

“I said for everyone to go in the cart one at a time, no one listened.” Hero rolled his eyes as he scolded the duo.

Omori turned away from the group and walked towards Mari who was conveniently sitting nearby.

“Oh! Hello little brother!” Mari greeted the boy, getting up to hug him. Omori’s face didn’t change but you can tell he was grateful.

She looked towards the rest of the group as well, “Ah! Nice to see everyone is okay! Congrats on making it through the forest!”

“It was nothing!” Kel grinned.

“It was awful, there were rabbits but with spider legs. Absolutely horrifying.” Hero shivered, remembering those bunnies. They were probably going to haunt his mind for the rest of his life.

Omori nodded in agreement with Hero’s words.

“It wasn’t that bad! It was actually really cute, you both are just mean!” Aubrey yelled at the boys.

“I have no regrets helping Omori kill it.” Hero shrugged.

“...I am going to bully you next.” Aubrey threatened.

“Can I join?” Kel asked.

“No.” She declined

“Aw,” Kel pouted, “Why not?”

“Cause I am bullying you as well,” Aubrey rolled her eyes, “Thought that was obvious.”

“Fine. You win this round.” Kel sighed.

“Don’t mean to interrupt the banter, but I think I should warn you of something before you go on ahead.” Everyone was suddenly focused on Mari, “I heard some skittering from up ahead. It sounds really big and could be dangerous. I have some food over here so you guys can rest up before heading over.”

“Sweet! Thanks, Mari!” Kel smiled as he took the food Mari made for them.

“Kel! Share!” Hero yelled as he had to distribute the food amongst the others after taking it from his younger brother’s hands.

“Aw, man…” Kel groaned as he was handed a smaller portion than what he wanted.

“Deal with it Kel.” Hero sat down as he began eating.

“Did you know that there used to be a big library here? Apparently, it was so badly taken care of that it sunk into the ground.” Mari randomly decided to share a fun fact with the group. Perhaps out of boredom.

“Huh, so are you saying I could be standing on a bunch of old books right now?” Kel asked.

“No, it sank somewhere near the castle.” Mari pointed to the castle in question, “It sucks it got built over…”

“Where did you get this info from Mari?” Hero asked, genuinely curious.

“Some shadows here and there, if you focus hard enough you could see them as well! They are so nice!” She answered.

Hero couldn’t tell by the tone of her voice if she was joking or not. Maybe he didn’t want to know.

The gang finished eating and parted ways with Mari, walking up the path that Mari said she heard skittering from. Hero just hoped it wasn’t a giant spider, he would prefer the shadow figures Mari mentioned.