Though Vineeta was heartbroken by the news of her baby's death, she was happy to welcome the cute little bundle of joy into her family. From then on, she became the world for Subramanyam and Vineeta.

Subramanyam and Vineeta were so fond of kids. They have always dreamed of having a cute little family of their own. They lost all their hopes, but then "Theera" entered their lives like a ray of sunshine.

Theera was 19 years old when he entered her life. Anikeeth, the name that sends shivers down her spine even now, was her senior in college. He proposed to her in front of the college on Freshers' Day. She didn't understand what to say. She had never thought about the word "love" until that day. All her life, she dreamed of making her parents proud by achieving something in her life. For Theera, Subramanyam, Vineeta, and Sakuntala (Subramanyam's mother) are her world. She didn't even have any close friends except one with whom she lost contact after high school.

She said that she wanted some time, as she didn't want to insult him in front of everyone. And that's one of the biggest mistakes she's made in her life. When she told Vineeta about the incident, she told her to maintain a distance from that boy. She didn't want her daughter to go through any heartbreak.

So, Theera decided to ignore him from the next day on, but that was not as easy as she thought. He used to wait for her at her department, in the canteen, and on the college grounds. He used to stalk her, making her feel helpless and frightened. She was unable to focus on her studies, and her scores started decreasing. Vineeta and Sakuntala started to get worried when they saw her looking lost every day. Though both of them confronted her many times, she said that there was nothing to worry about.

One fine day, she accepted him. Both of them started spending time with each other. Slowly, she fell in love with him after seeing his efforts to make her smile. He showered her with all the love she deserved. She felt lively, and everything started to fall into place. That's what she felt at that moment. She completed her graduation and was all set to pursue her master's.

Theera ranked top in the PG entrance examination. She was very happy and excited, and so were her parents. She wanted to share that news with him and texted him to meet her at her regular place.

Flashback:

Theera reached their regular spot and saw Anikeeth, who was looking angry. She frowned upon seeing his expression. She went towards him and greeted him with a bright smile. He greeted her, but the smile was not reciprocated.

"Is everything okay?" She asked him.

"Yes," he said sternly.

Theera didn't nudge him more after seeing his demeanour.

"Umm, I've passed my PG entrance examination with distinction," Theera said, gathering her courage.

"Hmm."

That was the response she got from him.

"Are you not happy?" She asked him.

"Stop your studies here," he said firmly.

Theera sat there in a daze upon hearing his words.

"Did she hear him correctly?" She thought in her mind.

"Sorry! I mean, but why?" Theera stammered, not understanding what to say.

"You have studied enough. And I'm earning well, so you don't need to work too after our marriage," said Anikeeth.

"What is the relation between my studies and my job? I had always wanted to do a master's in English literature," said Theera.

"Theera, I'm saying, right? You are not going to study further, and that's final," he said, walking out of there, leaving a disheartened Theera.