A Game of Loyalty

Start from the beginning

Winterfell

Ned Stark watched as a long procession rode into the castle grounds of Winterfell. Amongst them three knights stood out to him, the first he knew not only that they wore the same armour as one who once nearly died for her queen. By the young womans side a large tiger walked, its eyes carefully watching those around it.

The next two made him sneer inwardly, the Golden Knight, the Kingslayer, Jamie Lannister. And The Claws of Westeros, the Cub, The Second Kingslayer, Faramir Caspian.

The three rode side by side, the two men reached up removing their helm but the smaller female left hers on.

Kiara Martell examined the figures in the courtyard from the under the safety of her helm.He eyes landed on the eldest Stark boy and she blushed realizing his eyes were on her as well.

"He cannot see you, he is just interested in the knights who have fought by their Kings side." A voice heavy with sarcasm spoke by her side making Kiara roll her eyes and turn to glance at the golden man.

Jamie Lannister, her mentor, friend, and the biggest pain in her rear end. His green eyes always watching and making sure she was performing her duties properly. Beside him sat her uncle Faramir, he was Jamies best friend and the one who kept Jamie on the straight and narrow.

Another knight rode up beside them and all three of the friends groaned internally, Tygon Lannister. A royal guard, and more than likely the paramour of Carsei Lannister, his own cousin.

"What a desolate place." The unwelcome newcomer voiced lowly, the three friends ignored him, while watching as Queen Cersei exited her carriage her three children following behind.

Kiara watches the children silently, her own charges Tommen and Myrcella were happy children and kind which was the most important thing. Especially when comapred to her Uncle Faramirs charge, Joffery the crown prince, the biggest, cruelest brat in history.

"Wheres the Imp?!" The voice of a young Stark girl asked making Cersei turn eyes narrowing as she realised her younger brother was not present.

She growled in annoyance and stomped towards her brother "Where is our brother?" She growled "Go find the little beast."

Jamie frowned "Have a care how you speak of our brother."

"Have a care how you speak to our Queen, cousin." Tygon growled out, before following after Cersei like the loyal dog he was. Kiara also moved to follow as her wards entered the house, her large tiger loping beside her until she ordered it to stay behind.

As he watched them leave Jamie turned to Faramir "That could have been me, you know?"

For Jamie had almost fallen to his sisters wiles, her seductive ways had almost called him to her bed. But Faramir had held him back, refusing to allow his friend to fall so far.

Faramir grinned as the two remounted their horses "Indeed and may I just say her attitude had gotten far worse in the past few years."

Jamie spurred his horse forward "By the way, perhaps we should keep a careful eye on your niece. She was watching that Stark boy far too closely."

Faramir raised an eyebrow "There are days where I wonder if I should be concerned by the watchful eye you keep on my niece."

Jamie didnt answer his friend, how could he? He knew that in the past two years since Kiara had joined the Tiger guardhe had developed strange feelings for the girl. Feelings he should not, and could not have, or hope to have returned. So Jamie simply allowed himself to be her friend and mentor, it was all he would ever allow.