12 - his origins.

Chris stood in front of a large mansion gate that was slightly shorter than the nearby trees. Klein hadn't come to school for a few days straight, and it wasn't a holiday, so he visited out of concern. He pushed a nearby button, and the sound of bells chimed nearby, signaling that a visitor had rung the doorbell.

A few seconds later, the gate opened wide and he stepped through. The paths and fields were massive, a huge contrast to the room Chris lived in. He made his way to the front door, where a woman was waiting for him. Her short hair was green like Klein's and her face was as fair as a lady's, yet it was showing signs of suffering, not to mention the heavily stained dress she was wearing.

She bowed, and said, "Ah, Chris. Klein isn't feeling well at the moment."

"I'm sorry for interrupting, miss, but why is Klein not feeling well?"

"Simply put, he's been put under a curse. It takes his sanity away and makes him go into outbursts of rage. They've been getting longer each day, and it wont stop until he's become a weapon of mass destruction."

Hearing this, Chris' eyes widened. He ran through the door in an instant, only to quickly dodge a few of Klein's attacks. His friend was on the other side of the living room, a maroon aura flowing out from him as he screamed in agony. Without hesitation, the former dashed towards him and caught him in a tight hug.

"Klein, this isn't you!" he shouted. "Snap out of it!"

"Augh... Argh... Chris?"

Klein's voice was coarse from the horror he had to be put through. Tears started streaming out from Chris' eyes as he kept hugging, not wanting to let go.

"Chris, I... I can't."

"You can. Hold it back."

"A-Amazing. Who knew that the Blood Curse could be controlled that easily..." Klein's mom said as she walked closer.

"Blood Curse?"

"His father came from a bloodline of vampires, and most of them were villains. The subordinates who disobeyed them were put under a Blood Curse, which causes them to go insane as their abilities went berserk."

"That's horrible!"

"Sadly, the only way to break the Curse is either by the victim being killed or the user being beaten. However, there is good news."

"Please tell it quickly. I don't know when will he go berserk again."

"The members of the Curse user's family know who put the Curse on the victim, and it's his father. Unfortunately for him, my Position can get you to his place. I think you're both qualified."

As Klein wiped himself with a napkin, Chris let go and started thinking.

"I can't leave now, since I don't know when he's gonna go crazy again... However, I can't call for help, either... What should I do?"

"Need some help?" a boy's voice called out. Chris looked at where it came from and spotted Justin, Adele, and Vidya. The latter was wearing a green dress instead of a lab coat.

"What are you doing here?"

"One of your classmates asked us to help check on Klein," Adele said. "Never knew that you'd get here first."

"I tagged along for fun," Justin replied with a smile.

"Alright, here's the thing," Chris said, gathering everyone together. "Klein's going crazy and it's all because of his dad. We'll have to get to his place with his mom's ability and beat him to get him back to normal."

"Hm... According to my calculations, his dad sounds like a guy who's way stronger than all of us," Vidya said as she used her ability. "We'll have to resort to ranged and stealth attacks. Mom, Klein, you both ready your attacks to get him. Me, Justin and Chris will disable the traps. If all else fails, Chris, call that girl to come and help us."