Ch. 6 - Love You For A Long Time

Start from the beginning

"Uh, Y/N?"

"Yes?" I said with my face still squished against the bare skin on her thigh.

"Did you have something specific you wanted to do today?"

"No, not really." I mumbled again.

"Okay..."

I heard the hesitation in her voice, so I picked my head up to look her in the eyes.

God, those eyes.

"What is it, Liz?"

"Well, my sisters just texted me and they want to meet for lunch. They want to meet you, actually."

I felt my entire body freeze at her words and my eyes went wide. I scrambled into a sitting position so that I was now fully facing her with my legs tucked underneath me.

"They want to meet me?"

Lizzie only nodded her head, looking at me with a hesitant expression still, trying to gauge my reaction.

"They know about me?"

She let a small smile grow on her face as she spoke softly. "Of course they do. They've known about you for a while, actually. Once I knew I liked you, I couldn't keep you a secret. Not from them at least. I couldn't shut up about you."

Her words made my heart feel fuzzy and I returned her smile, grabbing her hands to hold them in my lap.

"Care to tell me exactly when you knew you liked me and when you talked to your sisters about me?" I asked with a teasing smirk on my face.

Lizzie rolled her eyes and playfully tapped her finger against her lips. "A week ago?"

I gasped in offense, letting my jaw hit the floor and dropped her free hand that I was holding.

"Woooooooow, Lizzie!"

Lizzie threw her head back laughing and grabbed me, stopping me from getting off the bed and quickly amended her previous statement. "I'm just kidding, Y/N baby, I'm kidding."

I sat back down in faux offense, waiting for her to completely get herself out of this hole she had dug. I raised my eyebrows at her, imploring her to continue.

She calmed down and looked at me with her green, twinkling eyes. The look she gives me when she is completely happy.

If it were up to me, that look would never leave her face.

"I first told MK about you the first day you were in LA with me. When we had all that sexual tension going on with the ice-cream and even when we got back to my house. I needed advice so I texted her and then we talked on the phone for like an hour after with Ashley chiming in as well."

I gulped at the realization and whispered back "You knew you liked me that soon?"

She squeezed my hand and said "Y/N, I was probably already in love with you. I just didn't want to admit anything to myself yet. It all happened so fast and it was kind of scary, you know?"

I nodded, completely understanding her hesitation because I felt the same way. Our feelings for each other grew so quickly, like the most beautiful weed. Growing chaotic and strong and spreading like wildfire. It's roots entangling their way around our hearts with a death grip that would never let go.

"Wow," I whispered, feeling my eyes sting with unshed tears and my vision getting a little blurry.

Lizzie giggled and reached her thumb up to wipe the gathering tears from my eyes. "Yeah." she replied, softly.

"So, they've known about me for a while."

She nodded in confirmation and said "You just haven't met them yet because it never worked out. Also, they live here in New York so finding common ground has been a bit difficult."